Old 02-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Anyone with a 29 Outlaw wanna trade up to a 33 Outlaw

Outlawinil,
Tell me a little more about your boat.
What kind of speed with the 500's?
Do you ever have to adjust the carbs?
Do you have, or do they make a carpet for the 4 bolster layout?
What props?
Is the purple stripe in the gel?
Shore power?
Stereo?
Do you know what the boat measures on the trailer from the tongue to the outdrives? (Looking for garage size)
I did get all the pics so you can send your answers there instead if you want to.
I am still interested, but I am not sure if I want to start all over again. I would want to get it painted and trimmed out to my likeing.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone with a 29 Outlaw wanna trade up to a 33 Outlaw

76 on the GPS in dash speedometer. Running 27 labbed 27 mirages. I have never had a need to touch the cards yet, starts and runs fine. I have cockpit carpet that I rarely have in the boat, it was custom made for the boat, as the Baja dealer said the factory Baja layin is not as detailed as this one. Only color in the gel is the silver, you can pull off the red and purple stripe. Very easy to change the color scheme of this boat.

Yes the boat does have shore power with Baja's factory battery charger. I added a hard wired inverter and that is the remote switch you see next to the stereo face plate. I replaced the factory stereo with Clarion's new water proof AM/FM/CD like what
is in the newer models, eliminates the loose faceplate issues. There's a 12 disc changer next to the inverter down below. 3 Kenwood 750 watt amps, one running two subs, one running the cockpit Kenwood speakers, and one running some MTX speaker boxes which ride in the gunwale of the boat and can be pulled out and set up higher while anchored. I can play just the speaker boxes while anchored if I desire with a switch on the electric panel down below. That way when you enter the boat the music is outside the boat and not blaring in the cockpit. Save on battery power too, you can play music all day. There is a Clarion stereo remote wired to the very back of the boat, just above the swim platform. All was professionally installed.

The boat with the outdrives up is 38 feet 6 inches from tip to tip sitting on the trailer. You'd gain maybe 6 inches by lowering the down.

There are many things that I have added to the boat, they don't show up in the pictures unless you care to look closely. Every water drain plug on the engines have a hose with a quarter turn valve on the end. I can drain the water while kneeling in the back seat. Engine oil drain hoses are mounted up high on the engine, with an electric pump I can have both motors drained of oil in 4 minutes, and thats all the oil...not just what the dipstick reaches. Engine pre-lubers so I have oil pressure before starting the engines. Streetglow lighting in the cockpit and engine room. You can actually find your flip flops at night. Cockpit lights are remotely turn on with a FOB so entry into the boat at night from the dock is well lit. Engine room is lit with lights from above and below motors, all hidden. Makes working after dark just as easy as daytime.

Most people say look at the pictures and say I'm a dumb a** for not selling it for $60,000 or trading for their 1997 model 272 with a 454 mag for $15,000. I guess that's Ebay for ya.

Thanks for the interest.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info...a few more questions

What color is the carpet?

Where do you boat with it...fresh water or salt?

Did you buy the boat new?

At 76 mph what rpm's were you running and what are the 500's supposed to tach out at?

Stored inside or out?

What covers do you have and what color are they?

How many hours on the motors and when were the impellors changed last..if at all?

Thank you for taking the time...It seems like you love your boat and that generally means it has been well taken care of.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Carpet is mulberry

I bought the boat new and I boat on the LOTO and Mississippi, so 100% freshwater.

RPM's at 76 are about 4950. Could try to dial in props just a bit more to get up there closer to the 5200 limit

Always stored in insulated metal building with concrete floor

Mooring cover and cockpit covers are both mulberry and both sunbrella

Hours...let me go take a look again so I don't mislead you. I'm gonna say 198. Impellers were changed in 2003 and I carry two spares. Probably should take a look at them before she hits the water this spring.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Default outlaw

Ia

Last edited by dlange; 08-24-2008 at 09:45 PM.