special question to doc holiday and other baja pros

Notices

special question to doc holiday and other baja pros

Old 09-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default special question to doc holiday and other baja pros

hi dock i have two questions
1- i have spoken with mcleod design and i am in process of putting two mcleod 4 seats for 7000 usd is the price high or ok and do you think would it be easy to instal to my 2007 35 outlaw as wire and holewise....
2-i have seen your post about the cmi i have it on my 496 ho but didnt do so much do you think should i have remapped the engine and relly which tips would be better sound
thanks a million from now
Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buggyride
hi dock i have two questions
1- i have spoken with mcleod design and i am in process of putting two mcleod 4 seats for 7000 usd is the price high or ok and do you think would it be easy to instal to my 2007 35 outlaw as wire and holewise....
2-i have seen your post about the cmi i have it on my 496 ho but didnt do so much do you think should i have remapped the engine and relly which tips would be better sound
thanks a million from now
Hey Buggyride,

The McLeods are EXPENSIVE but worth every penny. I priced an extra set a few years back and they were over $3K for the pair if I remember right. If you are getting four for $7K I think that is as good as it gets. I've looked for used one but they are just not out there.

Because McLeod does so much with Baja and they have already done some four bolster setups in the 35 they should fix you right up with everything needed to make the install simple and easy. They actually bolt to the side gunnell on the one outside and to the floor on the inside.

As for the CMI's all my buddies that have seen good results from them also have stepped hull boats. I would have expected you to be able to move up a prop size and gain a few MPH. I really don't think you should have to have the ECM reprogramed. If I were you I would call Tyler Crockett and ask him first hand. He will know and if he thinks you should he will probably already know the correct programming needed and all you wil have to do is send him the ECM's.

On the tips the less restrictive the better. I like the ones that have the internal flappers with an angle cut on the back myself. We went with dry tail pipe that do not introduce the water back into the exhaust until the very back / end and WOW do they sound awesome. Almost too awesome because we added bolt on mufflers to take the edge off.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Dock
Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered

7K for four McCloud is great like doc Mentioned. They qouted me 6300.00 for 2 seats.
As far as SMI's . I have always heard great results. If your purchased the boat I think you did. The guy I purchased mine from sadi he use to run right with yours. the DMI's didnt do much and told me not to invest in them. I wish you had some before and after results. Idont think you should have to go back to 26P props like you mentioned in the other thread. I have 2 sets of 28P. A labbed rough cut and a labbed set for top end(which I have not ran yet) BOth sets done by thorttle up. They are in ST pete area where you purchased the boat. I would look there first for some speed. etc....

What did you ever decide about the Raylar setup??? I PM'd you for you contact info ...Got no reponse.
Dennis
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi bowtye well u r wright i got the boat you mentioned from st pete i told everybody boat was from ohio becouse i di not want my good deal to go down you know how words spread here very fast as you know the former owner did a lot on this boat sound system steering wheel the sst package and the cmis but i dont think they did any good becouse i managed to do hardly 70 with the boat with cmis as for the raylars the owner is pulling me the raylar upgraded kit for 14k total but i am not sure about it since doc mentioned before peole do not get really crazy results with those i think max 80 mph with them people also tell me it gets faster from 30mph to 70 i dont know by hte way are you selling any of those 28s too becouse it seems i will try everydiameter since i reach to 75
Old 09-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Get some pics.
Yes I looked into that boat. It was for sale the smae time I was looking to buy mine. You did good if thats what you paid with a trailer. I paid almost 30Kmore with trailer. I also have some extras. They did close to the same mods. I wish I still had the CMI's. I hit 75 on GPS with my 35 and 28P props. I have to trim way up. On the guage 7-8. Look for max speed and RPM's
Do it gradual.
PM me your contact info.
Dennis
Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

With a Baja keep triming up the drives until you feel the props slip and trim down one knotch and you ahev all your going to get out of it.

Remember that smooth water is NOT your friend. On very smooth water I loose 5-6 MPH. Let it get rough and the hull really frees up and she runs good.