Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   Bucyrus Plant (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/178419-bucyrus-plant.html)

recovering 01-27-2008 12:44 PM

Bucyrus Plant

Any truth to the rumor of plant closing/moving to Tennessee?

Dock Holiday 01-27-2008 07:20 PM

I don't think it is true.

There are two rumors that seem to go around every year or so.

1) Baja is for sale
2) They are moving the plant

I think a lot of folks would be surprised if that did happen.

However I would like to see them closer by and I bet Greg would love to test boats in water that was not frozen!

c_deezy 01-28-2008 01:34 AM

Why would they want to leave Ohio? Living in paradise baby, especially last week when it was single digit temps.

There are only two seasons in Ohio, boating season and waiting for boating season, both last about 6 months each.

haulinvols 01-28-2008 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday (Post 2422707)
I don't think it is true.

There are two rumors that seem to go around every year or so.

1) Baja is for sale
2) They are moving the plant

I think a lot of folks would be surprised if that did happen.

However I would like to see them closer by and I bet Greg would love to test boats in water that was not frozen!

I would not mind seeing rumor two happen, especially to Tennessee. I would guess it it ever did happen they would wind up near Knoxville with the Sea Ray plant.

Doubt it will happen though.

mcourson 01-28-2008 10:31 AM

Hey Haulin

If they move to knoxville, then you and Ali are going to have a roommate till I find a place to live.

haulinvols 01-28-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mcourson (Post 2423302)
Hey Haulin

If they move to knoxville, then you and Ali are going to have a roommate till I find a place to live.

Not a problem, I have a spare bedroom. :D

recovering 01-28-2008 01:56 PM

Dock
I think there is a plant vacant near Dandridge, that is even closer to NC!!!

BrettM 01-29-2008 11:07 AM

No plans on moving the plant to TN. They did however move the parts department from TN back to the OH plant!!! It needed to happen!

mroutlaw_ 01-29-2008 12:21 PM

I don't see it happening.
The Searay 190 open bow is made at the Baja plant because there are so many orders for it that they (Searay) can't keep up. It would be shooting themselfs in the foot.

GettinKnotty 01-30-2008 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by mroutlaw_ (Post 2424844)
I don't see it happening.
The Searay 190 open bow is made at the Baja plant because there are so many orders for it that they (Searay) can't keep up. It would be shooting themselfs in the foot.

I agree Jesse I was there a couple days before you guys took the tour and I think you will agree that they have a lot of qualified people in their field and very dedicated to making a quality product. That's not something that you can just move at a moments notice.