Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Selling my 33 Outlaw as a Project/Parts. >

Selling my 33 Outlaw as a Project/Parts.

Notices

Selling my 33 Outlaw as a Project/Parts.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Freeryd
for real guys....anyone know how much time/money this would cost to repair? if it's even possible? this is exactly what me and the woman have been talking about finding and taking on as a couple year project!!! i don't know where to go and ask or anything like that.
I'll shoot "Glass Dave" a pm.
Paisan- i'll be contacting you as well.
It's do-able and I don't think its a huge cost since I've seen it done a few times.

The 1st boat that comes to mind is the "Pink Flamingo" that Steve (Luckystrike) owned. He sold it to Hugh (Pool whore) out here in Cali and he sold it to John (SDR John). John hit a log on the way to Catalina during the poker run and did the EXACT same thing. Damage looked almost identical! They didn't even realize anything was wrong until the passengers in the back said, "Is there supposed to be water back here?" refering to the water at their feet!

They got the boat back before it sank and I believe the motors even stayed dry. The boat re-sold (damaged) for around 25k on the trailer...It was a 91 38 Cigarette with TRS's and newer Hawk 650's, fresh paint and in great shape except for the damage to the hull.

Mike that sucks you don't have the cash to fight it because it'd be a good fight that I'd bet you'd win. You could even do a little research and show other boats that have done the same thing (like the pink flamingo and others) to prove the fact, sh!t happens when you come down on top of a telephone pole, tree stump, etc....
Old 06-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Paisan
They are claiming "prior poor repair" or "delamination due to manufacturer defect" to which I say, well why did you insure the boat in the first place without doing an inspection? But at this point I have zero cash to lawyer up so I'm cutting my losses...

-mike
This is BS. Do they have any proof of either case? Who is the insurance company? Would a lawyer take it on contigancy?

How much for the swim step?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No lawyers here in NYC will take it on contingency unfortunately The insurance company had 2 surveyors look at it and they "can't find evidence of impact".

Insurance company is American Modern Insurance Group. So start sending in your cancellation notices I'd like to see it hurt them a lot more than what it would have cost to do the right thing I was working for 3 years as a commodities trader overnights (Tokyo Shift) and saved every penny from my bonuses to buy it. I did the right thing and insured it. Now I have left that job and work a blue collar job at the power company in NJ and just wanted to have a nice boat to get away from the usual grind, but now I have nada, and unfortunately don't have the income I used to have to take them to the mat with. So start sending in your cancellation notices I'd like to see it hurt them a lot more than what it would have cost to do the right thing

I'll let you know about the platform if I decide to part it out but not likely.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car

Last edited by Paisan; 06-13-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank

Mike that sucks you don't have the cash to fight it because it'd be a good fight that I'd bet you'd win. You could even do a little research and show other boats that have done the same thing (like the pink flamingo and others) to prove the fact, sh!t happens when you come down on top of a telephone pole, tree stump, etc....
Yeah, I drove it from just north of the GWB down to Liberty State Park about 15 miles because I didn't want it to sink, that's what I think made it appear that the fiberglass de-laminated. Had I just sat there and called the freekin coast guard and let it sink, I'd be in much much better shape. Shows you what I get for trying to keep the boat together so it wasn't a total loss

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 06-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I haven't had much time to spend on OSO lately so I don't know if you've done this but did you post in the genral discusion area? There are a few attorneys memebrs, maybe they can help. I hate F'ing insurance companies!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

whats there phone # SO i CAN CALL THEM AND POST THIS ON GD ASK FOR A OSO LAWYER TO HELP AND WHEN YOU WIN TRIP DAMAGES HE GETS 20% THERES GOT TO BE SOMEONE ON HERE FOR GODS SAKE,I AM GETTING PHUCKED BY AIG INSURANCE SO STAY AWAY FROM THEM
Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
You need to lawyer up and sue the insurance company! How the hell do you deny THAT claim!?

By the way, whos the insurance company so no one uses them again.
I Completely agree with Tank!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 PM

do you still have the 33 if so do you have a asking price in mind. also would you be intrested in any trades. i have a 272 with procharged 502 mag new interior and custom gellcoat, boat is 100% turn key reliable. engine was built and dyno. tuned for procharger.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-mike[/QUOTE]

Mike,

This is too much boat to part out now. Contact Kevin Brown at Lakeway Boat Repair in Ohio. He is a ex-Baja employee that specializes in repairs much more extensive than this. (419) 426-6875 or "[email protected]"
Old 07-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator

-mike
Mike,

This is too much boat to part out now. Contact Kevin Brown at Lakeway Boat Repair in Ohio. He is a ex-Baja employee that specializes in repairs much more extensive than this. (419) 426-6875 or "[email protected]"

Agreed 100%. Kevin does very nice work very reasonably priced. Baja dealers and even the Baja factory have farmed work out to Kevin. You will not be disappointed and as a bonus the value of your boat should triple (20k to 60k or so)

Last edited by WOTW2E; 07-04-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling !

Quick Reply: Selling my 33 Outlaw as a Project/Parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.