In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw

Notices

In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw

Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonSmith
If we all didn't know each other I would think you guys actually LIKED me.

Now your talking

Hey I'm calling BS, it says 100 mph gusts - not "GPS"
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Now your talking

Hey I'm calling BS, it says 100 mph gusts - not "GPS"

Stir, stir, stir
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read all the post but I just found this thread. I was in the 38' and for the first and ONLY time I got soaked head to toe in my boat and that includes shootout weekends at LOTO, fun runs, lalala. I also grew up in Florida and started working on deep sea fishing boats in the Gulf of Mexico at the age of 13 and worked on offshore oil boats off of Morgan City, Louisiana after high school. Those were damn well 4 footers and probably some big ones thrown in. As much as I hate to vouch for that sharp toothed POS JasonF'nSmith this one is true. Cheney Lake was rated to have the second or third highest average wind speed year round of all lakes measured. That's average wind speed 24 hours a day seven days a week! As far as the 92 mph I can tell you when I spottted the people in the water and slowed down Jason ran up the middle between my boat and those in the water and it looked nearly as fast as I've ever seen it go. The three people in the water had been in the water for hours and until I came within a couple of hundred feet of them they said it was so rough they could hear boats but had not seen a one. Did Jason mention how flustered he gets trying to throw a folded life jacket into the wind when our buddy is in the water with his built in defibulator kicking the sheet outta him?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempest38
I didn't read all the post but I just found this thread. I was in the 38' and for the first and ONLY time I got soaked head to toe in my boat and that includes shootout weekends at LOTO, fun runs, lalala. I also grew up in Florida and started working on deep sea fishing boats in the Gulf of Mexico at the age of 13 and worked on offshore oil boats off of Morgan City, Louisiana after high school. Those were damn well 4 footers and probably some big ones thrown in. As much as I hate to vouch for that sharp toothed POS JasonF'nSmith this one is true. Cheney Lake was rated to have the second or third highest average wind speed year round of all lakes measured. That's average wind speed 24 hours a day seven days a week! As far as the 92 mph I can tell you when I spottted the people in the water and slowed down Jason ran up the middle between my boat and those in the water and it looked nearly as fast as I've ever seen it go. The three people in the water had been in the water for hours and until I came within a couple of hundred feet of them they said it was so rough they could hear boats but had not seen a one. Did Jason mention how flustered he gets trying to throw a folded life jacket into the wind when our buddy is in the water with his built in defibulator kicking the sheet outta him?
WOW, Turbo made a post a normal person could actually understand. Way to go Turbo!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aftermath after a rough day back in june or so on Texoma
Attached Thumbnails In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw-image_134.jpg   In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw-image_135.jpg  

Last edited by liquid asset; 10-23-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

I just read this thread and I would have to say no way on those speeds in 4ft waves. I know inland lakes are different but on Lake Michigan the waves are really tight and I used to own a 28 Cigarette and go out in 4 to 5s and there was no way I broke 40mph unless I was going down the wave. I am sure your boat is very fast but my boys with the 38 cigs and 41 Sabers are lucky if they break 80 let alone 90MPH in real 4ft waves. People's perception of waves are way off in alot of ways. Here is the wave forcast for tonight and this weekend on Lake Michigan in Grand Haven and there is no way you would be running that fast in those waves.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/LM/847.html
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know he has convinced me that they were 10 footers!

I will give him this:

That is one very rough inland lake.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Gold Member

Here are a few pictures of 3 41' Sabers in the last SOTW and we were in real 4 to 5's.
Attached Thumbnails In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw-saber-pics-034.jpg   In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw-saber-pics-016.jpg   In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw-saber-pics-043.jpg  

Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

We were all lucky it we hit 75MPH.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Its hard to jusdge in a photo. Those look like 2's in the pics esp if you arent paying attention to how much air those boats are getting.

Quick Reply: In 4' rollers, against the wind in a 29 Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.