Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   Some pics of all 2009 models taken 10/6 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/196898-some-pics-all-2009-models-taken-10-6-a.html)

BAJA WILL 10-08-2008 09:51 AM

Some pics of all 2009 models taken 10/6

2 Attachment(s)
Was at Fountain here are some pics of all the new 2009 models.

Updates Models ready 247,277,Islander
245,278 Performance
23,26,30,35 Outlaw

Hammer X in final stages, (upholstery,paint)

Now for big news, seems a 40 OL is going to be built???

WILL

BAJA WILL 10-08-2008 09:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more

BrettM 10-08-2008 10:18 AM

Will, nice to meet you! I took 450 pictures!

BAJA WILL 10-08-2008 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 2709701)
Will, nice to meet you! I took 450 pictures!

Did you get this one!!!!! That was an AWSOME ride

WILL:ernaehrung004:

BAJA WILL 10-08-2008 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here

Dock Holiday 10-08-2008 11:29 AM

Nice pictures Will the boats look good.

How many orders / boats did they book?

I had heard they were looking for at least 100 at the dealers meeting.

BrettM 10-08-2008 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We got 139.8 out of her. But I had 4 big guys with us! Your a little smaller than me:grinser010:

BrettM 10-08-2008 11:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
a few more

25 hors la loi 10-08-2008 11:47 AM

Thanks for all your input guy , OSO is incredible :D
Keep the picture coming !!!!

BrettM 10-08-2008 11:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more, I need to get to work! Ill post more later

BAJA WILL 10-08-2008 11:48 AM

I am pretty sure they will break that mark, The boats looked great. Some were still being dialed in, the cabins were AWSOME.

The biggest changes

1 100% Vinyl Ester Resin: Stronger, prevent Blistering,
2.Hand Laid Finerglass, Hull/deck glassed and through bolted
3.NO BALSA, Foam coring, no rot, water logging, or decay
4.STRINGERS,,, no liners, I don't need to explain
5.Hydrolic steering No explanation needed
6. Raisin the X, as of now all Lab finished props
Gear change, 151 to a 1.65.1 better hole shot, plane faster
7. OH and the cabins, yes their nice
8. EVERY BOAT WATER TESTED at Fountain

Is the price going up a little yes, 6 % but once you figure what the improvments cost its really not much.

WILL:drink:

TEAMBAJA 10-08-2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2709829)

Thats good news for the dealers. It was tough trying to water test everyboat when your surrounded by corn! :drink:

TWIN-SPINS 10-08-2008 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2709667)
Was at Fountain here are some pics of all the new 2009 models.

Updates Models ready 247,277,Islander
245,278 Performance
23,26,30,35 Outlaw

Hammer X in final stages, (upholstery,paint)

Now for big news, seems a 40 OL is going to be built???

WILL

looks like 3 30s at the dock

bowtye8 10-08-2008 05:34 PM

Wow..looking good ..all except that steering wheel.:eek:

Looking to hear what they get out of a 35ol with raised x and 496 ho's after dial in.

five cent worth 10-08-2008 07:53 PM

Thanks for sharing all your pics! :ernaehrung004:

five cent worth 10-08-2008 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2709874)
Thats good news for the dealers. It was tough trying to water test everyboat when your surrounded by corn! :drink:

Or over ice during the winter I bet too!

Saw a nice 36OL and a nice 35OL at the bay for the wine fest this past weekend. Also was able to get on the 50 American Muscle Cig!

Dock Holiday 10-10-2008 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2709829)
I am pretty sure they will break that mark, The boats looked great. Some were still being dialed in, the cabins were AWSOME.

The biggest changes

1 100% Vinyl Ester Resin: Stronger, prevent Blistering,
2.Hand Laid Finerglass, Hull/deck glassed and through bolted
3.NO BALSA, Foam coring, no rot, water logging, or decay
4.STRINGERS,,, no liners, I don't need to explain
5.Hydrolic steering No explanation needed
6. Raisin the X, as of now all Lab finished props
Gear change, 151 to a 1.65.1 better hole shot, plane faster
7. OH and the cabins, yes their nice

Is the price going up a little yes, 6 % but once you figure what the improvments cost its really not much.

Will I am getting some feed back and here is what I'm told a few dealers have to say.

1) The new Baja's by Fountain are NOT faster then the original. 26 - 30 & 35 OL
2) The paint looks cheap and there are big tape edges.
3) The construction makes no difference because the average guy cannot tell one from the other. There is good and bad both ways.
4) The price point is NOT good because the Baja buyer is not making any more today then he was last year and has less money to spend.
5) The 6% increase would be GREAT but actual increases are much higher. For example the 23OL is up almost 16%!
6) A few dealers may be backing out on orders after having more time to review actual price increases.

Just some feedback I have been told by folks that know dealers that attended.

P.S. Some did say they were really pleased to meet Reggie and found him to be much nicer then they were expecting based on the comments we see online.

Dock Holiday 10-10-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by five cent worth (Post 2710248)
Also was able to get on the 50 American Muscle Cig!

How much did Jeremy charge for that?:evilb:

Just joking he is a super nice guy and that boat is off the charts!

It's supposed to be 80+ degrees up there this weekend. Wish I was heading up.

TEAMBAJA 10-10-2008 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by five cent worth (Post 2710248)
Or over ice during the winter I bet too!

Saw a nice 36OL and a nice 35OL at the bay for the wine fest this past weekend. Also was able to get on the 50 American Muscle Cig!

Did you see the yellow deck 30 roll in? We were there that weekend, the boat belongs to OSO member WOTW2E. I saw the 36 and American Muscle, but dont remember the 35. And I remember seeing part of the Ohio State game! :drink:

TEAMBAJA 10-10-2008 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday (Post 2712207)

It's supposed to be 80+ degrees up there this weekend. Wish I was heading up.

Dock, come on up! We'll take my 13' Vyper to the islands and show these boys what hardcore really is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIMKFO-mPI

Dock Holiday 10-10-2008 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2712222)
Dock, come on up! We'll take my 13' Vyper to the islands and show these boys what hardcore really is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIMKFO-mPI

Well I haven't cleaned the bugs off the bike yet so maybe it will be a good time for another road trip.

That boat ride may be just a little hard core for me though!

JR promised me a Checkmate the next time I'm up so go by and see what is ready for testing!:evilb:

Downtown42 10-10-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 2709821)
We got 139.8 out of her. But I had 4 big guys with us! Your a little smaller than me:grinser010:

post 7

Did somebody tell Reggie Halloween isn't for another 21 days?

That guy looks like a mechanical gooblin at the front door of haunted houses !! geeeeez usssss :evilb::evilb:

TEAMBAJA 10-10-2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2712243)
post 7

That guy looks like a mechanical gooblin at the front door of haunted houses !! geeeeez usssss :evilb::evilb:

I tried not to comment on that photo, but this post actually had me laughing out loud. When I talked to him, it was like talking to a pre-recorded message............but I imagine he talks to so many people........

WOTW2E 10-11-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2712243)
post 7

That is a CLASSIC quote. Still laughing out loud while I type. You can only call 'em like you see 'em and I appreciate that.

TEAMBAJA 10-11-2008 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 2713080)
That is a CLASSIC quote. Still laughing out loud while I type. You can only call 'em like you see 'em and I appreciate that.

Listen up pal, there is a special thread for negative ass holes like you! Quit hi-jacking threads!:mad:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=197069

:musik010:

WOTW2E 10-11-2008 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2713093)
Listen up pal, there is a special thread for negative ass holes like you! Quit hi-jacking threads!:mad:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=197069

:musik010:

:Whatever: See my post in that thread dickler. Oh yea, your a pr!ck.

:D

TEAMBAJA 10-11-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 2713141)
:Whatever: See my post in that thread dickler. Oh yea, your a pr!ck.
:D

While we're still on the subject, Reggie would make a sweet Gene Simmons for Halloween!

Gene would probably make a sweet Reggie too!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...KISSReggie.jpg

OL30 10-11-2008 11:16 PM

That other pic, he kinda looks like a cross between Gene and Ozzy!

BrettM 10-14-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday (Post 2712201)
Will I am getting some feed back and here is what I'm told a few dealers have to say.

1) The new Baja's by Fountain are NOT faster then the original. 26 - 30 & 35 OL
2) The paint looks cheap and there are big tape edges.
3) The construction makes no difference because the average guy cannot tell one from the other. There is good and bad both ways.
4) The price point is NOT good because the Baja buyer is not making any more today then he was last year and has less money to spend.
5) The 6% increase would be GREAT but actual increases are much higher. For example the 23OL is up almost 16%!
6) A few dealers may be backing out on orders after having more time to review actual price increases.

Just some feedback I have been told by folks that know dealers that attended.

P.S. Some did say they were really pleased to meet Reggie and found him to be much nicer then they were expecting based on the comments we see online.

Dock, Your feed back was NOT the overall feeling from the majority of the dealers that attended the first meeting. I was immediately welcomed by the sales reps, factory employees, and Reggie himself. In fact Reggie took 15-20 of us to dinner shortly after. Also, many of the points mentioned are opinions only. Speeds were a little off from what I was expecting, however, Baja never had GPS Speedos in anything at a dealer meeting other than PF or 7's. All boats had GPS Speedos and when I did the math the boats were every bit as fast as the 2007's. The paint lines although tough to get used to being able to feel them, were not any worse than some of the boats produced from Ohio. The construction will be the BIGGEST reason customers will be wanting to trade/upgrade. In fact I did a PR at Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and that was most of my customer’s main concern. They wanted a boat that could take the rough water and not have stress cracks and other warranty issues. Price increase, to be honest, it was much cheaper than I had imagined. Each year ALL manufacturers seem to up the price 6-8% due to all sorts of increases, and you get the same darn boat with a year newer VIN#. The 23 might be a little higher, I would have to do the math. If dealers are baking out of their orders, I have to imagine that the are making decisions based on the market, not the product! I for one sell out of an area with next to no real body of water close, and my boats are staying on order. I find that it is very hard to sell from an empty showroom!

In closing, this is no way an attack in any way, shape or form at Dock. He has always been in the know and I just wanted to voice another opinion! I for one cannot wait to get my first few boats and get them decked out and into a boat show!!

Brett
Premier Boating Center

Dock Holiday 10-14-2008 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 2715061)
Dock, Your feed back was NOT the overall feeling from the majority of the dealers that attended the first meeting. I was immediately welcomed by the sales reps, factory employees, and Reggie himself. In fact Reggie took 15-20 of us to dinner shortly after. Also, many of the points mentioned are opinions only. Speeds were a little off from what I was expecting, however, Baja never had GPS Speedos in anything at a dealer meeting other than PF or 7's. All boats had GPS Speedos and when I did the math the boats were every bit as fast as the 2007's. The paint lines although tough to get used to being able to feel them, were not any worse than some of the boats produced from Ohio. The construction will be the BIGGEST reason customers will be wanting to trade/upgrade. In fact I did a PR at Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and that was most of my customer’s main concern. They wanted a boat that could take the rough water and not have stress cracks and other warranty issues. Price increase, to be honest, it was much cheaper than I had imagined. Each year ALL manufacturers seem to up the price 6-8% due to all sorts of increases, and you get the same darn boat with a year newer VIN#. The 23 might be a little higher, I would have to do the math. If dealers are baking out of their orders, I have to imagine that the are making decisions based on the market, not the product! I for one sell out of an area with next to no real body of water close, and my boats are staying on order. I find that it is very hard to sell from an empty showroom!

In closing, this is no way an attack in any way, shape or form at Dock. He has always been in the know and I just wanted to voice another opinion! I for one cannot wait to get my first few boats and get them decked out and into a boat show!!

Brett
Premier Boating Center

Brett,

I appreciate your response and it is good to hear another opinion. I certainly do not or would not take it as an attack. What I relayed was simply what I heard and I'm sure it reflects a very small percentage as most seem to be very happy that there is a new product being offered.

I will be in Miami later this month on business and have decided to stay over for the Fort Lauderdale show. Do you know if they will have any of the new boats on display at the show? I look forward to seeing them myself.

Thanks
Mark

BrettM 10-14-2008 09:17 AM

I am glad you understood why I posted. Yes, they will have product at the show, in fact I am trying to arrange a customer of mine to drive a 35 with 525's both Outlaw and a Lighting! Have fun at the show!