Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Notices

Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM
www.LEGENDMARINEGROUP.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja By Fountain a change for the good

I think before every one starts Judging Fountain or Reggie They need to understand what Reggie has done for Baja until you have seen the boats or driven one you can not judge how much they cost.

I have seen the boat I feel like they are a little More than they were last year but so are the Donzi's, Cig's Formula's, Montereys O and the Fountain's I have bought lately.

The New Baja's are very nice they ride better Drive better and the cabins look better. I ordered 11 boats last week & can not wait to get them I think they will sell better than the old one's..

call any time more than happy to talk about the new boats.

Casey 469 546 1204

Just remember there are not many Power Boat Companies out there that have been Owned and Operated by the same guy from Day one most of the large Power Boat Companies out there are run by some one who bought it not who made it a lcon in the power boat world we all know today.

Photo's of Reggie looking at the first 30 Outlaw telling the guys in the boat that they ae doing a great Job and keep up the good work

Attachment 364843

Attachment 364844

Attachment 364845
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 AM
VIP Member

Sorry but the attachments don't work.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered

Normally I don't chime in on these issues, but I thought I would give my 2 cents from the outside looking in.

I think the ex-Baja employees did a great job with the Baja's built under Brunswick. I am on my 3rd year with my 242 and the only blemish I can find now is a spidercrack on the deck in front of the port windshield. And you have to really look to see it. The liner problem was NOT their fault. It was upper managements and the employees were building the boats that they were told to build. It just seems that sometimes when gripe about the liner failures or the failure of management that it is thrown at the employees instead of the people that ran the company in the ground, which the factory floor workers did not do.

However, some people come on here boasting about how the new boats by fountain are so superior. I take that as a slap in the face to the former employees. There was nothing wrong with the with the pre liner boats that were built. Alot of the pre liner boats are out there running strong with no problems and still look like new.

Just think how you would feel, if your plant or dealership closed up, moved, left you with out a job, and then the new people came on a website and tounted how the old boat were inferior to the new ones. I think I would be a little touchy on the subject. The way I look at, some of the statements are a personal attack on all the hard work they have done.

Rock on Baja and rock on ex-employees.

btw, I am glad also that Baja will continue on under Fountain instead of not existing at all, but lets remember how Baja got to be where it is today. A bunch of people building kick azz boats.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:26 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mcourson
Normally I don't chime in on these issues, but I thought I would give my 2 cents from the outside looking in.

I think the ex-Baja employees did a great job with the Baja's built under Brunswick. I am on my 3rd year with my 242 and the only blemish I can find now is a spidercrack on the deck in front of the port windshield. And you have to really look to see it. The liner problem was NOT their fault. It was upper managements and the employees were building the boats that they were told to build. It just seems that sometimes when gripe about the liner failures or the failure of management that it is thrown at the employees instead of the people that ran the company in the ground, which the factory floor workers did not do.

However, some people come on here boasting about how the new boats by fountain are so superior. I take that as a slap in the face to the former employees. There was nothing wrong with the with the pre liner boats that were built. Alot of the pre liner boats are out there running strong with no problems and still look like new.

Just think how you would feel, if your plant or dealership closed up, moved, left you with out a job, and then the new people came on a website and tounted how the old boat were inferior to the new ones. I think I would be a little touchy on the subject. The way I look at, some of the statements are a personal attack on all the hard work they have done.

btw, I am glad also that Baja will continue on under Fountain instead of not existing at all, but lets remember how Baja got to be where it is today. A bunch of people building kick azz boats.

Agree 100%

I have had two different models a H2X and a 25 Outlaw and they were great. People think the boats are more superior now since Reggie, there just going to have to prove them...
Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last boat that I owned was a 2000 29 Outlaw with stringers. There are many more stringer model Baja's out there than the newer style liner models.

XT
Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FountainDealer.com

The New Baja's are very nice they ride better Drive better and the cabins look better.
Yes, they're very nice and I do like what they've done with the inside of the boat.

Drive better? How so? Okay, so Latham steering is standard now but it was offered as an option before.

Ride better??? How? Why? What (exactly) was changed on the boats to make this happen?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I've had 4 pre-liner boats and they've been
flawless.

I know some people that have liner boats that
havent had any problems, I know someone who did.

First of all, I wish the people at Fountain the best,
and hope they continue to produce a boat that appeals
to the masses.

But, I have a hard time in believing that they're
going to run any faster or ride any better.

They're the same mold.

The only thing that I've heard that he's
fiddled with is X dimension and gear ratio.

I would image the initial builders of these models
in Bucyrus, and certain dealers that like to experiment
would have found out where the sweet spot is.

Is he sharpening the back end and the strakes ?
( blue printing)

Has he made them substantially lighter ?

Has the new stringer system moved the center of gravity ?

Are they getting these things to run at least 3 mph faster
consistantly, than the Bucyrus product ?

Again, not bashing, just asking questions.

It's that sometimes, some of the statements and
claims remind me of a Obama campain ad
Old 10-17-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In all fairness eveyone asking How? Why? Don't understand? This has been covered in so many other postes.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
In all fairness eveyone asking How? Why? Don't understand? This has been covered in so many other postes.
Humor me....where?

All I've seen is claims with nothing to back them up. The info from the dealer meeting is posted at TBM and it doesn't answer these questions either although it does explain how the boat building techniques are different.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

I think they are just trying to push there product like most sales guys do. I would probably be doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.