Pat Reiter, of Reiter Racing killed in boat crash, very sad

Notices

Pat Reiter, of Reiter Racing killed in boat crash, very sad

Old 10-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pat Reiter, of Reiter Racing killed in boat crash, very sad

He was Secret Squirrel on here, Thats the guy that Kwikss just bought the 29 from. My parents were just at his home in Maryland to pick up the 29

RIP Secret Squirrel (Pat Reitter)
May God be with your family and freinds
www.reittrracing553.com

Pat Reiter Update.
During a test run of the "Hot Licks" boat that Pat Reiter had just completed rigging in the Patuxent River near Solomons Island Maryland, at approximately 4:45 pm on Sunday October 12th , 2008 an accident occurred.

Pat Reiter was driving,

Bobby Baumgarten on throttles.

Passengers, Josh Reithmeyer and Kenneth Weisskopf.

The boat was traveling up river from Solomons Island and going around point patience, #8 red marker, the boat suddenly hooked and went into a barrel roll. This information comes from Josh Reithmeyer and Tim Kiser, the fisherman that aided in rescuing victims afloat. Cause of the accident is yet unknown. The boat was taken by DNR for investigation.

Josh Reithmeyer was released from the hospital the same evening. Kenneth has a laceration to his leg and is still in the hospital. Bobby B has a lacerated kidney, broken ribs and concussion. Bobby is still in the hospital as well.

The rescue and search started immediately including the Coast Guard, Helicopters, DNR, State Police and went on into the night on Sunday the 12th.

The search picked back up early in the morning of Monday the 13th. A lot of friends with their own vessels, DNR, Coast Guard, Dive and rescue teams, and local search and rescue teams, searched the shore lines, and the river where the accident occurred. The search was called off at around 7m. This search will resume on Tuesday the 14th.

As of 7:00pm on Monday, Pat has not been found.

Mark Boyer (sorry if I don't have your name correct) send me the following information:
"A good friend of both but mainly Bobby named Rob has set this up:"

I am going to set up an account for Bobbys hospital bills and one for the Reiter Family- banks closed Monday but going to be done on Tuesday

Donations can be sent to..

Proform Protective Films
BobbyB fund
3220-D Corporate Ct
Ellicott City Md 21042

866-776-3682

Every penny will go towards medical bills, if anything left over will be handed directly to Bobby.

Visa and MC accepted

Tuesday October 14th:

Search started at day break conducted by friends of Pats. DNR and rescue team, Dive rescue teams, and others joined in shortly thereafter. Helicopter took flight at around 2:00pm to help in the search throughout the day.

Bobby and Kenneth are recovering and doing better, all things considering.

I just wanted to recognize and commend everyone from "Constellation Energy" that know and work with Pat. They have been on site supplying everyone here, from rescue teams, to friend and family, with food, beverages, and support. Do not let this overshadow all the support from all the friend and family that have been on site since this all started. I commend all of you equally.

Wednesday October 15th:

The CBPBA and the OPA have set up a fund to help out Bobby and Pat's family. The fund will be administered by three trustees- Ed "Smitty" Smith - President OPA, Andy Livermore - President CBPBA, and Jim Voege - Treasurer CBPBA. All funds will be directly passed through to Bobby and Pat's family to help them through this trying time. Many people have expressed a desire to help so this is a great way to do it. We are accepting credit cards through http://www.paypal.com . Go to the link and click on "Send Money" then follow the instructions to send money to [email protected] . In the comments section please put "Bobby and Pat Fund" . If you would like to send a check please make it out to CBPBA and in the memo section put "Bobby and Pat Fund". Send it to:

CBPBA
PO Box 1722
Pasadena, MD 21123

Thanks for your support in advance.

Search continued from sun up until sun down. Still no news. Searching will resume Thursday morning.

Here are the links to what Fox 5 reported on Monday night. These are 2 different reports.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/MyFox/p...1&locale=EN-US

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/MyFox/p...1&locale=EN-US

Here is a link to a news article written by Pat's hometown newspaper:

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BI1RE6EFG1F

Thursday October 16th:

Search this morning started at day break. DNR had side sonar equipment in the water and were searching the site of the accident. Soon there after, Solomons Island Rescue and A.A. County advance search and rescue team with their sonar equipment joined in the search.

Multiple boats from friend and crew took turns doing surface search throughout the day.

Bobby B and Kenny are doing well.

Once again, the boat ramp was full of friends supporting Deb, Dustin, Cody and their families.

Friday October 17th: We Have Pat Back.

After searching all day, the Patuxent River finally gave us Pat back.

Tim Kiser, the fisherman that aided in rescuing the victims on Sunday, found Pat Reiter at around 7:30 pm about 400 yards from the original accident. A second boat consisting of , Mike Murray, Ann and Jimmy Raider and myself joined Tim shortly there after. Daren and Jimmy were the third boat there.

This puts closure to the recovery of Pat Reiter for all of us.

All of us want to thank the U.S. Coast Guard, State Police, the Department of Natural Resources, Calvert County and A.A. County advance search and rescue teams, Solomons Island Fire and Rescue teams, Charles County Fire and Rescue teams, and others that searched for Pat since Sunday.

Thanks to all that supported by providing food, drinks and other accommodations.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Deb, Dustin and Cody.

here is a pic of the 29 that jordan bought from him
Attached Thumbnails Pat Reiter, of Reiter Racing killed in boat crash, very sad-dscn0062.jpg  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad, may he rest in peace.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Yes it is very sad. I talked with him on the phone a few times when buying the boat. Very nice guy and a very sad loss for his family and friends

RIP Pat
Old 10-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

When I was selling my 29' Pat and I talked a couple of times about our boats. After selling mine I refered everyone to Pat's boat and even posted a link to help him. RIP Pat!

Mark Kilroy

Last edited by 29KILROY; 10-31-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers.
Bobby, I guess Hot licks is your boat, I'm sorry for your loss, Would you mind PM me an update on the family, this really bothered me, and hit close to home.

It means nothing here and now, but that dude builds a hell of an engine, those things are right at home WFO at 5450
Old 10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

3 years today sad rip