Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone have a newer 302 with 500 hps or 525s?? >

Anyone have a newer 302 with 500 hps or 525s??

Notices

Anyone have a newer 302 with 500 hps or 525s??

Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck pulling a Twin w a half ton truck AND stopping
A good buddy of mine pulls his 302 with a 2008 Jeep Commander. And yes it does have a Hemi....but he has not had any problems with the rig pulling it out of the water or running down the highway to his house. His Toyota Tundra also has no problem towing the boat.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
My 29 weighs 10.5k on the trailer. How much does that Harley truck have permission from Ford to tow? 10k or less I'd bet.
I'm guessing around 6k towing capacity...My 99 GMC was rated at 6600 GVW and I can tell you with a 272 behind me full of gas and trailer brakes failed it pushed that 1500 series truck..My 2500HD Duramax got pushed last summer by my 302 when the master cylinder failed on the trailer...I now have electric over hydraulic on the trailer and can tell you I can smoke 6 tires on the trailer and stop the truck...I wouldn't tow a 10k+boat with any 1500 series truck or SUV, but thats me what do I know...
Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
Funny there arent more with the blue motors.......what speeds can you see with the HO's??
Any pics?
I'm seeing around 76-78 on GPS best I've seen with HO's...The 302 in Texas with 525's rolls about 83-84 on GPS with full load. It's identical graphics to mine same year, but I know he won't sell it.

Here's a couple pics of boat

Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

[QUOTE=2 fast 4 you;2841892]A good buddy of mine pulls his 302 with a 2008 Jeep Commander. And yes it does have a Hemi....but he has not had any problems with the rig pulling it out of the water or running down the highway to his house. His Toyota Tundra also has no problem towing the boat.[/QUOy

You have got to be kidding!!!! I have a Commander also w the Hemi and it doesnt pull my pair of seadoos worth a $hit! Of course it does it but a boat w twins.

Hello Mr Insurance man, Was he laughing at me when he hung up??

Good luck w that and I dont think its rated to pull much more that 7k. I will look.

Quinlan
Old 04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=oklaoutlaw;2842219]
Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you
A good buddy of mine pulls his 302 with a 2008 Jeep Commander. And yes it does have a Hemi....but he has not had any problems with the rig pulling it out of the water or running down the highway to his house. His Toyota Tundra also has no problem towing the boat.[/QUOy

You have got to be kidding!!!! I have a Commander also w the Hemi and it doesnt pull my pair of seadoos worth a $hit! Of course it does it but a boat w twins.

Good luck w that and I dont think its rated to pull much more that 7k. I will look.

Quinlan
With the Hemi, it is rated to tow up to 7400 lbs.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

That was what i told him but he insisted that he had no problems with it. I would still prefer a 2500 series truck or heavier....it is always better to be overpowered than underpowered.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoever's friend that is that tows his boat with the Commander. Your friend is a retard. I hope he tows on private property because be is a danger to anyone else on the road he is sharing when towing.
You aren't much of a friend for letting him do that either.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Harley towing capacity is 9000lbs- straight from the manufacturer. I know the diesel is the way to go but I cant buy both....If you drive like a retard chances are your gonna get hurt.....no doubt!!
Irish nice looking boat!!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I pulled my 302 a few times with my 1/2 150 and it was ok for a 10 - 15 min ride to the ramp but any further and I wouldn't even consider it.

I had an accident w/ an overloaded landscape trailer when I was 17 and will never pull w/o enough power, capacity or brakes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
My Harley towing capacity is 9000lbs- straight from the manufacturer. I know the diesel is the way to go but I cant buy both....If you drive like a retard chances are your gonna get hurt.....no doubt!!
Irish nice looking boat!!
The 302 weighs in at 10k+ so your Harley isn't rated to pull that much weight...I'm not one to tell anyone what to do, but a lawyer would have a field day with this scenerio if you got into a accident...I drive 150,000 miles a year driving tractor trailer and have for 15yrs and let me tell you I see a accident a day because someone was towing something to heavy and they had to stop....AIN'T happening let me tell you suddenly the heavy object behind you starts pushing the light short wheelbase vehicle out of control and jackknife and slam right into another car, guardrail, or flips over....You guys do what you want, but I can tell you I'm glad I'm in a 80,000# truck while your doing it cause I'll just feel you run into me...No harm no foul...I can always use new taillights on the trailer...

Thanks for the compliment on my boat and I'm sorry if I come off like a ass regarding your tow rig, but when you drive for a living you don't like to hear someone say it's ok I only go 15 miles...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.