30 Outlaw Speeds? >

30 Outlaw Speeds?

Notices

30 Outlaw Speeds?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30outlaw
It takes a lot of HP to push boats fast as we all know..... I am also heavy, full galley, etc this boat has EVEY option avail..... and beer lol

I also believe that the SSM lowers are hurting the top speed they are designed for boats that go 100+. I though about taking them off and put on Std bottoms but then my X will be too low for the most part, It is set at only plus 1.5 because the SSM lowers are 2 inches shorter than std bottoms.....
I've heard the straight gears in the XR upper vs. the angle cut in a X or XZ slow you down a little bit too but the straight gear is going to be much stronger and better for your app.

My buddy has a 33 with XR/ITS and stock 496 HO's and his boat is easily 2 - 4 mph slower than the same boat with X drives. He doesn't have any drive issues though!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
anyone have the 30's with 6.2's can they do 65mph
One of Bajas 30 Outlaw test boats had 6.2s in it. Bone stock it ran 64 consistently. It ended up being the guinea pig for testing the notched transom like the 35s. After we notched the transom and played around with props it was running around 69.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the liner issue seems to worry me a bit
Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
After we notched the transom and played around with props it was running around 69.
"That boat sure was haulin ass when I passed it!"
65 to 66 maybe!

Most are going to be in the 62 to 64 range, true GPS speed without wind, current, etc...BUT excellent balance. A small block equipped 30 flies flat and level in the bigger stuff. Twin big blocks, while the most popular option by far, make the 30 a little ass heavy in comparison.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered

Huh...although mine is a 302 Boss, not an outlaw...what kind of speeds can I shoot for with the twin 454/385hp mags? I just bought a new set of mirage plus 25p props as the originals seem to have been....neglected...sooo...I'm thinkn...take the old props and have them....???? Labbed? Cupped?? any other tricks? I have run 71.3mph on gps so far...with tabs up...and moderate trimming....engines buzzing 4800rpm....

Thanks all
Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pryvti
Huh...although mine is a 302 Boss, not an outlaw...what kind of speeds can I shoot for with the twin 454/385hp mags? I just bought a new set of mirage plus 25p props as the originals seem to have been....neglected...sooo...I'm thinkn...take the old props and have them....???? Labbed? Cupped?? any other tricks? I have run 71.3mph on gps so far...with tabs up...and moderate trimming....engines buzzing 4800rpm....

Thanks all
I'm sure one of the Baja guru's cam elaborate, but I think if your spinning 3 blades you must have the deeper X dimension. I believe it was raised 1" in 2002 on all models. I'd try 24p Bravo's or possibly 26p Bravo's labbed. I'm a fan of 4blades though...I'lll let you know how the boxes/shorties workout..Might be something to try as well.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Registered

Hey cool. Verbi took my truck on the weekend and brought his boat in for his tops....same guy thats gonna add to the ones I'm gettin from you Irish. So now I gotta get my ass in gear...lol.I have so many requests to friends out there that I am gettin calls daily from guys tryn to help me out to pick up the tops...cool.! Its all coming together...But I'm thinkn I want to go personally...meet, talk, pick your brian....lol...anyhow...we will have to mesh our scheduals and pick a weekend.
Thanks Dave.
P.S....think my Baja is running slow??
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pryvti
Hey cool. Verbi took my truck on the weekend and brought his boat in for his tops....same guy thats gonna add to the ones I'm gettin from you Irish. So now I gotta get my ass in gear...lol.I have so many requests to friends out there that I am gettin calls daily from guys tryn to help me out to pick up the tops...cool.! Its all coming together...But I'm thinkn I want to go personally...meet, talk, pick your brian....lol...anyhow...we will have to mesh our scheduals and pick a weekend.
Thanks Dave.
P.S....think my Baja is running slow??

Sounds good I'm still shooting for this coming weekend, but I'm on my way to Texas right now.

No I think your about where you should be for Mags, but I think you could gain some by running 4 blades. Unless your Xdimension is deep.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

Hey Dave...this weekend likely out for me...blew my back out doing some flooring in my house...cant move around to well...lol. I will call you Friday regardless.. on another note...your truckn company have a web site?...ad?..lookn for some info on it as I may through work your way...you haul classics or exotics?