Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Where to buy S/S rub rail sections? >

Where to buy S/S rub rail sections?

Notices

Where to buy S/S rub rail sections?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy S/S rub rail sections?

Anyone know where to buy sections of the S/S rub rail that Baja used on my 30 OL? A pontoon boat decided to t-bone my boat while I was tied up for lunch last weekend. Got a little gel-coat damage and a few scratches on the rub rail. Luckily it's a straight section so new bending will be involved to remove and replace.

I did a search and didn't come up with anything but Dock had a pic of what I'm looking for. I just need the S/S part.

Thanks!
Chris

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...s-rubrail.html
Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Dude that sucks. Did you see them do it? I hope they are paying for it. I will call my buddy at Legend Marine Group tomorrow,they were replacing a section on a Fountain last time I was there.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Thanks Scott! No, thank god I didn't see it happen because everyone that described it made it sound way worse than the damage. It was an elderly couple (75+) in their daughter's borrowed pontoon. I already got an estimate on Tuesday which seemed a little high to me (what do I know) but folks that hit me already agreed to just write me a check for that amount. It sucked (sux) but at least they manned up and are taking care of it. I've been dragging that damn boat around all summer for repairs (mostly outdrive issues under warranty) and now this crap.

Oh well, at least I know I can throw a hula-hoop on and jump on your boat (naked...kidding) and still catch a ride!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

ttt