Baja's: Hard To Beat >

Baja's: Hard To Beat

Notices

Baja's: Hard To Beat

Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up Baja's: Hard To Beat

I'm on my 3rd Baja, a 29 Outlaw with 7.4 MPI's.

I had it out this weekend in the Pacific. Launched out of Oceanside and ran up to Dana Point for lunch (about 60 miles round trip). Weather and water was fantastic with 2 - 3's and temps in the 90's.

The boat ran great, catching some air, always landing solidly and safely with no hiccups. I filled up before I launched and the gauge never left the full mark. Ran around 50 MPH most of the time.

Lately I have been thinking about moving up to a Cig as a bunch of my buddies have TG's. That would require spending quite a bit more $ as well as buying a new truck.

After this weekend I was just so happy with my boat I realized I don't need a bigger, faster boat. My Baja does everything I need it to do and then some. The only time I would like to be faster and bigger is when I am running with the other guys.

The other thing I realized is that most people don't know the difference between a Baja and a Cig/Fountain/Formula/Outerlimits, etc. I got a lot of comments on the boat this weekend.

So, while I know build quality is better on Cigs and the others, there is nothing wrong with my boat. It is super reliable, fairly economical (for a go fast), looks good, has a ton of room on it and most importantly, it is an absolute blast to drive!

I had a fantastic weekend and can't wait to get out there again. Hauling it up to Lake Tahoe for a week at the end of the month and really looking forward to that trip.

So, how many of you are really happy with your boat and aren't always wishing you had something else? I say a big thumbs up for our little "entry level" Baja's!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been feeling the same way.We went to Put in Bay this past weekend and the old 454 mags ran like a top,didn't spend a ton of money on fuel,lots of compliments.Ah what the hell,I think I'll just keep the old girl.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Everyone in our family has owned at least on Baja. I think they are awesome boats and almost have my dad talked into another one.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

The best boats are the ones you like and can afford to run every weekend. I like Bajas but have never owned one, glad to hear your happy with yours!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

We bought our 25 Outlaw new in 2005 and not have had one problem with it. Just gas and go. That makes boating much more fun.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

bought a 272 brand new, put over 700 hours on it.

38 special,,,, sorry 38 owners,,, I hated it,,,, drove like a cruiser.

have a 36 outlaw now,,,,, absolutly love it.

with the cockpit and cabin space in this boat, its perfect for the boating we do
Old 09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

loved our 23 islander. many a weekend i still wish i had it cause i would be on the water instead of the boat sitting on the trailer.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

Default Another boat

For the last 3 years, I have found a larger boat at what I thought was a "deal of a lifetime" yet I stay with my 2002 25 Baja Outlaw. You are exactly right when you say that nobody really knows the difference. When boating in Destin, 99 percent of the individuals watching from the beach or condos have no clue other than one looks bigger and maybe nicer graphics. I don't boat in the Gulf, so unless you need it, there will always be someone bigger and faster. I will say mine is paid off in full, I can boat weekend after weekend on the same 95 gallon tank of fuel, boat looks like the day I bought it and handles the water conditions I boat in! Now what could be fun is a little nicer engine with a more performance sound possibly (but then again, I only boat 50mph on the average so no sense messing with the 496mag ho just yet). Get what works for you!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Coming up on two months since we bought our new Outlaw and we have enjoyed every minute! Can't wait to get out on the bay when the Blue Angels come next month for their annual air show!

Yea a 30' with twins would have been super nice but not for our first boat - maintenance and fuel would cost so much more, not sure that the better ride would make up for the additional $$.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you enjoy it! Have a good friend with a Bayliner. It fits their need. I say as long as it gets you on the water and your happy, nothing else matters.
Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.