30 Outlaw's on the market >

30 Outlaw's on the market

Notices

30 Outlaw's on the market

Old 06-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Outlaw's on the market

Looking at 30' Outlaws on the market and the prices seem to be all over the board! What's the deal? Are certain years priced lower for some reason over other model years? Hull issues? It's interesting that some are low and others are twice the price!

Lower end
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/9524

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o34020-en.html

High end
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7795

Is there a difference?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

why should there be a class action lawsuit? market is tough right now.

the one for 65000 is a steal
Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

I believe the lawsuit would stem from poor hull integrity, which is a well known fact. Since this is known, the boats are not worth very much. Not all were bad, just need to have it thouroughly checked out before buying.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to sue a company that no longer exist and the liner seems to be the main reason they no longer exist...
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Registered

I have a 2008 26 Outlaw (liner construction), I boat in the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay so see some pretty rough conditions and I have zero stress or spider cracks. I honestly don't believe the liner issues were as "widespread" as one might think. I would not hesitate to buy a 30 Outlaw (liner construction) but as others have said I would have it inspected by a knowledgeable surveyor.

Just my 2 cents
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

do yourself a favor and get a 33 outlaw! fast, great ride, tons of room, and in that price range. You will love it.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
One only needed to look in the back lot at the Bucyrus plant (before closing) to get an idea of how many "bad ones" their were. As for the lawsuit, yes I actually believe that is why they sold Baja off. If it was me I would still sue Brunswick, but I am sure they have a legal drem team already.
And a bank acct that makes Donald Trumps look like my beer wallet.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

What happened to all the bad liner boats? Did they get destroyed?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
What happened to all the bad liner boats? Did they get destroyed?
Mostly they got fixed; either at Baja before they closed or by Sea Ray. I think 1 or 2 may have been fixed in Bucyrus after Baja left but the guys there would know for sure.

My understanding....and I'm not an expert on all this so take it for what it's worth.....is that there were problems with early model 30 Outlaws, lots of 23 Outlaws, most of the 405's, and a couple of 20's, 26's and 35's. Prior to the changeover to liner/grid construction there were a few boats that had delamination issues. There was also a time when transoms and stringers were left to rot, but that issue seemed to be mostly solved by the early to mid 90's. The vast majority are structurally sound boats, but there were some stinkers made in OH from time to time.

Baja isn't the only mfgr to have these types of problems, although with the 23 Outlaw in particular there were a lot of "bad" ones built; would agree with those that say that played a big role in Baja's demise. You take your chances anytime you buy a boat so a competent surveyor is always a good defense. I wouldn't write off a 30 Outlaw if that's what a guy wanted, but some homework up front is definitely prudent. That's true for just about any boat though.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I agree that the 33 outlaw is a boat to look at. The 30 is still a nice boat and I think any boat you buy could have a problem, and any brand. But there are more people without problems then there is with. Negative spreads easy and faster then positive. I love Baja boats. You get alot for your money. I have owned 3 and never had a problem running hard on lake michigan. You get what you pay for to sometimes. If you want a better hull spend a million, but it still might not be perfect! Or just enjoy a baja, put lots of fuel in it and have fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.