33 outlaw insurance advice >

33 outlaw insurance advice

Notices

33 outlaw insurance advice

Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 outlaw insurance advice

Hello guys got a question I just bought my first baja its a 1996 33 outlaw aniversery edition that the swim platform is part of the boat not a bolt on its part of the boat mold it was repowered with twin 2002 blue engines hp 500 efi with about 220 hours on them with xz drives. it has all the goodies dual hydrolic lathem steering interior like new.I want to insure it with a good company and I would like to no round about what the boat is worth like progressive gives you the option of how much you want to insure it for.anyone got an idea of what this boat is worth.overall condition very good.i was reading some of the older post where sombody hit something and broke a stringer and insurance would not cover it. i want to be safe any advice
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Call Stacey at Wake Zone. She insured my Fountain and was great to deal with. I too did the agreed value to make sure I had plenty of coverage. They may require you to get a survey since the boat is more than 10 years old. I had a 1996 Baja 32 outlaw and loved it.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Thanks guys so i guess i should first get it surveyed and go from there. anyone no more less ball park range of what this boat me be worth.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered
Gold Member

for a 98 33 Outlaw i would guess mid 50's maybe. i dont think they made the 33 ol till 98. i have an 02 with 500's and would hope i could get 75 for it. The power adds some to the value but you still have the age. I guess insure it for what it would cost you to replace it. if you spent 40K insure it for 40K. Wakes Zone has my buisness as well. i do agree that what your liable for certainly is more than what the boat it worth.

Last edited by Anchorman; 05-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

Call Stacey at Wake Zone. She insured my Fountain and was great to deal with.

In case y'all don't remember, these are the folks who "paison" had his 33 Outlaw insured with.
You know---the one where he hit something in the water, managed to get it out of the water before it sunk, and they denied the claim for some bs reason.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wake Zone is a broker not an insurance company.
My boat is with American Reliable insurance. They are one of 3 companies that would write a 90+ mph 29' Baja with unlimited towing/trailering, poker run coverage & an agreed value with the liability limits I wanted.
John Mcgrath brokered the deal for me. 402.932 - 2722.
Stay away from Progressive & any one who says they can "make it work, but..."
You are paying for COVERAGE, not proof of coverage. There is a big difference.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Wake Zone is a broker not an insurance company.
My boat is with American Reliable insurance. They are one of 3 companies that would write a 90+ mph 29' Baja with unlimited towing/trailering, poker run coverage & an agreed value with the liability limits I wanted.
John Mcgrath brokered the deal for me. 402.932 - 2722.
Stay away from Progressive & any one who says they can "make it work, but..."
You are paying for COVERAGE, not proof of coverage. There is a big difference.
what are the other two companys were they higher? Iam looking for 50,000 for the saber since the drive and motor are worth more than that, but figure it will be hard for a custom built 88 boat with brand new parts.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do ppl. say to stay away from Progressive? I've always had good luck with them.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
what are the other two companys were they higher? Iam looking for 50,000 for the saber since the drive and motor are worth more than that, but figure it will be hard for a custom built 88 boat with brand new parts.
I don't remember, but you're gonna have a tough time finding insurance I think because of the age of the boat. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Why do ppl. say to stay away from Progressive? I've always had good luck with them.
I have heard bad stories about them not paying out, or taking a long time to pay out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.