Hatch lift wiring question >

Hatch lift wiring question

Notices

Hatch lift wiring question

Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch lift wiring question

I'm wondering on how to wire up a eight lead hatch lift switch, on an 1989 Baja Sport 280. Is there any way to find a diagram on this?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mwerner
I'm wondering on how to wire up a eight lead hatch lift switch, on an 1989 Baja Sport 280. Is there any way to find a diagram on this?
Doubt it that you will find a diagram.

I spent a couple hours with a test light and meter to figure mine out.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

It involves a couple of jumpers but otherwise is not to hard to figure out. See the attached pictures. Basically you have a + supply and a ground going to the upper middle spades. The top most and bottom most spades are output for hatch up or down. The jumpers are used to reverse the current so that only one set of output wires are necessary. This is from a 2001 252. The orange wires are hatch up, the black is hatch down and/or ground (a little confusing). The red is + from the fuse box.
Attached Thumbnails Hatch lift wiring question-hatch-switch.jpg   Hatch lift wiring question-hatch-switch-2.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

8 position switch?? i usually see 6 positions......and i re-wire mine to use only a 3 position using a ground trigger to activate. Below is the tyipical wiring you would find in a boat using a 6 position switch
Attached Thumbnails Hatch lift wiring question-hatch-relay-wiring.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

and heres my version using a 3 tab switch using a ground as a trigger going through two replays. This way you dont have a long run of 12v going from the dash to the back and the relays can be mounted close to the hatch ram for max current flow to the ram. Also if you look at the diagram the relays are always giving a ground output...so when you hit you switch to lift or lower the hatch only one relay is energized at a time.
Attached Thumbnails Hatch lift wiring question-safe-hatch-wiring.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!