Old 07-18-2011, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

25 O/L or 272/275
Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 25 Outlaw is a perfect first boat. A lot easier to get in the cabin than a 24 Outlaw and a deeper V than a 272 (although not by much).
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
A 25 Outlaw is a perfect first boat. A lot easier to get in the cabin than a 24 Outlaw and a deeper V than a 272 (although not by much).
You mean deeper hull sides!

Both the 25ol and 272 hull are just versions of the original 24 Outlaw. The original 24ol hull was stretched to 25' and the hull sides lowered for the 250 Sport/270 model, then the 250/270 hull was raised 2" at the nose, and lowered at the rear with a new more rounded transom and the strakes lengthened at the front to create the 272/275 hull. The 252 hull was just a shorter version of the 272 hull, and the 25 Outlaw is the same bottom design as the 272, but it has raised hullsides, and the flat transom. Oh, and the 25ol has that notch in the bottom, and cutouts down the chines that do nothing! They were all variations of the original 24 Outlaw hull. Trust Me, we did allot of putty slinging in those days.

XT
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Find a 272,,,,,perfect first boat and within your cost range

easy to tow, yet big enough to handle some water, and sleep on.

So these 272 are good boats all around and can handle some seas if needed?

From what I have been shopping i am seeing a few of these and even at lower prices than what I was looking to spend which is never a bad thing.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Nate,
I see you're a neighbor of mine practically speaking.
Since we boat in the same waters, here's a word of adivce: Don't do what I did. I bought a Hammer and 8 months later upgraded to a 25 Outlaw. What a world of difference! Save yourself an expensive step.

Nothing wrong with the Hammer/H2X, great little boats, but the 25OL/272 are just so much better in the ride department, and the cabins are no comparison.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

25 ol was my first boat! it was a great decision! love that boat, and the ride is great!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Hey Nate,
I see you're a neighbor of mine practically speaking.
Since we boat in the same waters, here's a word of adivce: Don't do what I did. I bought a Hammer and 8 months later upgraded to a 25 Outlaw. What a world of difference! Save yourself an expensive step.

Nothing wrong with the Hammer/H2X, great little boats, but the 25OL/272 are just so much better in the ride department, and the cabins are no comparison.

Ya i started with thw hammer or a 20'outlaw but i think i would fast out grow both.

I am really interested in these 272 as of late so it will be that or a 25 outlaw. Hopefully next season we will cross paths on the water.

I am always in st pete and have a great buddy that has a house on the intercoastal on sunset beach so i will be making frequent water way stops there lol.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
You mean deeper hull sides!

Both the 25ol and 272 hull are just versions of the original 24 Outlaw. The original 24ol hull was stretched to 25' and the hull sides lowered for the 250 Sport/270 model, then the 250/270 hull was raised 2" at the nose, and lowered at the rear with a new more rounded transom and the strakes lengthened at the front to create the 272/275 hull. The 252 hull was just a shorter version of the 272 hull, and the 25 Outlaw is the same bottom design as the 272, but it has raised hullsides, and the flat transom. Oh, and the 25ol has that notch in the bottom, and cutouts down the chines that do nothing! They were all variations of the original 24 Outlaw hull. Trust Me, we did allot of putty slinging in those days.

XT
Interesting, I thought the outlaws didn't have that little mini pad that my 272 has and were claimed to be a true vee, I never really looked at one that close though. Does the mini pad help the Bajas goe any faster? Being we are on the subject (and you are the ONE to ask), the 272's that had a "raised" x dimension, did it ever really happen and what is the measurement? Mine seems to be 7 1/2 inches to the prop centerline to pad, Smitty

Nate 5.0-BUY THE BIGGEST BOAT YOU CAN AFFORD!!! I have boated right were you are, my parents live in Bellair bluffs and my 272 was ok on calm days but I have gotten pounded running the gulf from Clearwater down south to the next inlet on average days!!