looking at a 302 no idea what to offer >

looking at a 302 no idea what to offer

Notices

looking at a 302 no idea what to offer

Old 07-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at a 302 no idea what to offer

A friend of mine recently sold his '03 275 w/mag for $30,000. I thought he gave it away but wanted to know what the general opinion was for a '02 302 w/ho's with 400hrs would be. Is this a $40,000 boat?
its got all the options it can have except A/C and is in good shape. No fading, chalking, cracks rips or tears. Seems to be well taken care of.
Was curious what people would think that would be worth. If a 275 is a 30k boat and I see 30 ol's listed in the 70's where does a 302 fit in to the mix? Or is it worth even less? I know how lousy the marine market is and lenders not giving away money like they used to but i've been out of the boating world for a while and wanted to see where it was these days. I see the 30 ol's which were 110+ a few years ago now advertised for such low numbers that i'm thinking I really have no idea what this 302 might be worth. And yes, I know anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it vs what someone is willing to accept to part with it but I cant figure out where to even start my offer based on what I see in the market. Is it that bad out there that a good boat thats got 400hrs is now basically worthless? I know the demise of the brand sure didnt help and I have no idea where I'd go for parts if I needed them other than a merc mechanic but should I offer 30k for a 302? that seems insultingly low. By no means am I looking to overpay but I also dont want to come off as some jerkweed a.hole who's just making up numbers in my head with no basis.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you offer a guy 30k for a 02 302 with HO's I'd say your insulting him severely!!!!!! That boat is worth more than 40k IMO if the only option it doesn't have is AC. If thats all he's asking for it and it's clean with no issues I'd say your stealing it. I wouldn't even think about selling mine for that # it's worth more in parts.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

This is strictly my opinion.

03 275 for $30k is about right on the money

02 302 IMO is going to sell for about $65K

There is a big difference in what anybody selling is asking and what it will take to get it to move. You can tell the boats that are over priced. They have been for sale along time and until the owner lowers the price to what the market commands it won't sell. There are still some deals out there. I bought our boat last year for about 60% of the asking price. Again just my opinion, but boats I see moving are going right at NADA with NO options adding in and NO additional for the trailer. Just find the year, make and model..... choose the engine option and find the value. Again this is just my opinion and observation.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

A year ago May, i purchased a 2003 302 with Mags, 250+ hours, AC, and Heritage trailer for $49,000. It was listed on Ebay for a "Buy It Now" price of $52,900. I got it after the listing ended.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

Look at what 33 outlaws are bringing in now... Watch on ebay, the market is crap. They are just not getting all that much right now. I remember seeing a 2002 33ol wih 500hps in 2007 selling for over 80k be lucky to get 45k now....
Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

JMO but I study this crap constantly....29OL's (Very Similar to 302's) are SELLING between 40k-55k. Newer ones obviously higher side of range. I'd start at 40k and hope to end up at 50k based on what you've described.....

good luck
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Having owned both a 29OL and 302 I would go for the 302 again over the OL. Mainly just because of the extra cockpit room. Other than that the biggest difference is which look you prefer.

I think an'02 302 for $40 is a steal with any power, let alone HOs.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info and comments. I made an offer and waiting to hear back. boat appears to be in very good shape for a used boat. all the fiberglass has a very high gloss to it. Owner said it was always under full cover, garaged, or mooring cover. Only time it was in the sun was when it was being used. Kept it in a temp controlled garage in off season.
Looking at a few. Lots of stuff out there is advertised as excellent but i've seen that there is a very big difference between peoples verson of excellent.
Will see what happens. Mid august already so i'm sure i'll find something eventually.Thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered

Default Market is real weak

There are so many deals out there, sounds like a clean boat. Good condition is always worth more to me.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

so an 02 302 boss with 6.2s with 237 hours... $48k in co'er de alane idaho.... Premium Boss Package, Compass, Depth Finder, Gaffrig Gauges, Aero Drop Down Bolster Seats, Trim On Throttle, Halon Fire Extinguishing System, Drive Showers, Pop Up Cleats, Latham Hydraulic Steering w/Tilt Wheel, Large K-Planes w/ Mechanical Indicators, Upgraded Stainless Steel 3-Blade Props, Large Swim Platform w/Fold Down Ladder, Upgraded AM/FM/CD / IPOD Stereo w/ Remote Disc Changer, (6) 6" Speakers, (4) Titanium Dome Tweeters, (2) 10"
Subwoofers & (2) Amplifiers, Full Galley w/ Sink, Refrigerator & Stove, Flat Panel TV/VCR, Shorepower, Pump Out Head (never used), On Board Fresh Water System (never used), Transom Shower, Cockpit Carpet, Cockpit cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.