25 OL or 272?  Ride quality, etc. opinions >

25 OL or 272? Ride quality, etc. opinions

Notices

25 OL or 272? Ride quality, etc. opinions

Old 10-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 25ol until it gets rough, it limits what I can do around here a bit depending on winds, but its a great boat for lake use.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

I have had both 25 and now on my fourth 27 Baja , The 27 seems to be more of a boat all the way around. It is a light weight boat that sometimes feels like a cork in rough water. Personal preference. My ideal boat is the 342 with 500's
Old 10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

both handle the water great, friend had the 272 and it rode great as good as a 27 can ride, another with the 25 outlaw rides just as good, interior notes are like said above. not much, some personal preferance, however seeming its oct you will really appreciate the windshield on the 27
Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
both handle the water great, friend had the 272 and it rode great as good as a 27 can ride, another with the 25 outlaw rides just as good, interior notes are like said above. not much, some personal preferance, however seeming its oct you will really appreciate the windshield on the 27
Thanks.. and good point. Does the 25OL windscreen at least cut the wind pretty good when you're sitting in the bolster seat? I've never been in a boat without a windshield... ?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heres a link to a really clean 25 here local

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/2609709291.html
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hueby
Thanks.. and good point. Does the 25OL windscreen at least cut the wind pretty good when you're sitting in the bolster seat? I've never been in a boat without a windshield... ?
There have been very good reasons quoted for both boats. I have driven both and owned the 25OL for six years. Climbing out of the OL into the 272, the size of the cockpit, particularly the space between bolsters and rear seat is impressive. It does feel like a bigger boat.

On the water, the hulls are identical - they will both plane out later than similar sized 21° sportboat hulls but run really nice up to about 65 mph. Above 65 mph the fun starts, and you have to work the wheel to keep the hull level. This is where the advantage turn over to the Outlaw.

I think the seat ergonics are amazing. When seated in the bolster, the windscreen works perfectly. deflecting the wind over your face, right up to 80 mph. You have a perfect view of the water ahead of you and still have both hands free to make small corrections at the wheel while throttling and trimming with the other. It really feels like, and looks like the drivers boat.

Both boats came out of Baja´s golden year. They had a great designer working for them, back then!
Stephen
Old 10-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
Both boats came out of Baja´s golden year. They had a great designer working for them, back then!
Stephen
That would be Denny Lutz, Greg Haldeman, and myself. Hey, wecome back to the forum!

Windscreen works very well on the 25, not saying you can smoke a cig. at 65 mph but if you hold your hand just over your head you will feel the full force of the wind while your face is just getting a little breeze, like a hair dryer on low....

XT

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 10-14-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
That would be Denny Lutz, Greg Haldeman, and myself. Hey, wecome back to the forum!

Windscreen works very well on the 25, not saying you can smoke a cig. at 65 mph but if you hold your hand just over your head you will feel the full force of the wind while your face is just getting a little breeze, like a hair dryer on low....

XT
What a first class job you guys did! There are so many quality details and stylish features that were just right on those boats.
The colours and graphics were also in a class of their own.
The assembly quality was always more "production" than "custom" but great value and plenty good enough for 95% of what the boats get used for.

Great to be back - and still extremely satisfied with my "Card"
Stephen
Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey, WildCard glad to see you back. We have all woundered were you went. What are your final results with the boat?
Old 10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
The 27 seems to be more of a boat all the way around. It is a light weight boat that sometimes feels like a cork in rough water.
I've had my 272 for a number of years now and I've learned that the weight of a full tank of gas helps A LOT in rough seas. Also less bow rise when getting on plane without the tabs.

Even with the drive all the way in she likes to run up waves and pound in the big stuff especially following seas. Learn to use the tabs to keep the bow down and cut thru the waves.

Nice boat with a good cuddy, that's easy to trailer, and decent on gas over twins.

mb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.