Baja hulls: which models share them? >

Baja hulls: which models share them?

Notices

Baja hulls: which models share them?

Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I have seen this issue on many Baja closed bow/open bow models that were the same hull, power, x-dim, and so on. I remember seeing almost 4 mph one year between a 212 Islander and a Hammer! It IS a combination of the added weight forward, a full glass windshield, the wind drag on the bow and even the wind through the walkway hitting the rear bench. Sometimes you can put the bow cover on and pick up a little speed.

XT
It can work the other way too. Our 202 was about a mile slower with the bow cover on.

Without that huge bimini we have there would probably be even a bigger speed differential with the 277. Nice bowrider though.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Registered

Hey guys,
you all seem to be a Baja almanac/encyclopedia, especially XT. Hope you have time for a question. I fish on the LA gulf coast all the time in 24' bay boats but now I'm looking for a boat for the family that still meets my speed needs and am focusing on finding a decent 292 Islander. I've seen several on the market including a 2001 and a 2002 both with 496. There's also another one listed in Austin with 6.2 twins. I've never owned a twin engine before but like the concept.

Do you have any advice, warnings, pros/cons about the 292 Islander or single vs. twin?

thanks for any help in advice!
hopefully a future baja owner,
JR
Old 06-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I remember seeing almost 4 mph one year between a 212 Islander and a Hammer!

XT

Speaking of Hammers, just curious, what is it's hull shared with? 212 Islander & H2X?