Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Pics of my 90 BAJA 265 DVX.  Lots of pics no 56k... >

Pics of my 90 BAJA 265 DVX. Lots of pics no 56k...

Notices

Pics of my 90 BAJA 265 DVX. Lots of pics no 56k...

Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya there is a few government projects that happens there .

Thank you for the West Marine! Looks like they also have a bracket for an windshield brace I want to install too. The center of our windshield is kind of weak, and looks like a spot that could buckle in when climbing over it to the bow.

Ill measure the spacing I need for the Hatch support. Im hoping the WEST MARINE
Premium Hatch Adjuster will fit. It is exactly what I am looking for.

Have you guys found a replacement for the hatch window locks? The long screws that lock the hatch.. It is kind of a pain in the ass to use. Ill start searching on west marine too.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NSX, I don't climb over the center of the windshield on my boat. Best way to get on the deck is to put left foot on port side front seat, right foot up on gunwale, and then step over the windshield onto the deck. Either that or go through the hatch. Not sure if that sliding door into the cabin was ever designed to support much weight.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my hatch support with one of the perko units and have been happy with it. West Marine's web site is sometimes a little bit hard to find what you are looking for, you will want to get the paper catalog also, because the web search sometimes misses items they have available and can only be found on web by part ## which the catalog has, of course it also works the other way also,items on website but not in catalog. Jamestown Distributors also has been a good source for non-performance boating type supplies.
Be real careful of the windshield, if it gets broken it will be very hard $$$ to replace.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

I will search for perko's support. And yep I got the catalog on its way. Thank you.

As for the windshield how budman described getting over is how we do. There is even white grip tape there to help from slipping. I just have cough my self after a long day at the sand bar putting my hand on the top of the shield to brace my self. I can jsut see the wrong person trying to do it or me slipping and catching my self with it. If it breaks it is the end of it since there not made any more besides custom. I figure the brack will help support it so that wont happen
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Before

1/2 done

After

Material: White vinyl wrap.

I might have to find a decal to break up all the white, we'll see
Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

That looks great - where did you get the wrap material, and how much does it cost? Is it available in silver? Might be a good alternative to paint - I plan to do this update on mine this winter. Would love to do it sooner, but now it looks like I have oil pump issues and the motor is coming out this weekend.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Question: is that a rain gauge hanging off of the side of the instrument panel?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
That looks great - where did you get the wrap material, and how much does it cost? Is it available in silver? Might be a good alternative to paint - I plan to do this update on mine this winter. Would love to do it sooner, but now it looks like I have oil pump issues and the motor is coming out this weekend.
It is vinyl wrap you can get at a local graphics shop. 24" wide works perfect. It is used for graphics/wraps on cars, boats, ect. I bought 6' for $40. (he gave me a few extra feet too ) It is available in any color under the rainbow, carbon fiber, chrome, ect. There is a ton of it on ebay also. search for vinyl wrap, roll, decal, 24", ect... I think it is way better then paint. If it would get scratched or you just want to change the color it can peel right off.

Originally Posted by Budman II
Question: is that a rain gauge hanging off of the side of the instrument panel?
LOL, nope. It is actually a holder for razer blades in your shower. It just happens to hold cell phones, ipods, somkes, sunglasses, keys, ect perfect. I use it to hold my phone to play music threw the stereo since I need to have the cable plugged into it. I also have a couple larger ones on the counter in the cuddy to hold sunscreen lotions. There are suction cups on the back side so they stick to anything smooth with drain holes in the bottom so they dont act like a rain gauge and work perfect in a boat.

Every one that has seen them said " thats awesome, how the f*** did you think of that" and went out and bought them for there boat.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Well its been awile so here are a few new pics...

Before..

after

Whitefish chain

With a buddy and his 302.... believe it or not but that 2000, 302 is tuned up! runs 74-75 mph on stock 496 HO's! IIRc from the factory they only ran 62 ish

Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a custom windshield for a baja 265

Can anyone help wit a windshield thatican paint the same color as boat