Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length?? >

Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??

Notices

Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??

Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need one for my 342. in black that will store under hatch.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

that's how I want to store mine also... I measure the inner side of the boat yesterday at 74".. need to revisit height and forgot to measure engine compartment and how I will hand it in there... Probably just add some straps.. should be easy enough.....

how was your trip to Orange beach?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Trip was great. flushed boat 7 hours after I pulled it out in the river. all 3 engiens, and AC. then washed the whole inside, outside, carpet, ropes, bumpers, and everything else..... just waiting on everything to dry to put it all back together now.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
Trip was great. flushed boat 7 hours after I pulled it out in the river. all 3 engiens, and AC. then washed the whole inside, outside, carpet, ropes, bumpers, and everything else..... just waiting on everything to dry to put it all back together now.
Nice!! I bet that was fun!!! always the best part!! I sweat more getting the boat ready and cleaning up afterwards than when we are out on it!!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
that looks cool... did you screw or thru-bolt?
#10 screws. Dude even sent me the proper size drill bit and talked me through the install on the phone. Took about 2 hours, but I had a beer in one hand.

Storing under the hatch will limit the size of the bimini. Has to be narrow enough, and if you size it from gunwhale to gunwhale (for shade purposes) it won't quite fit. I went with the bigger size to stay out of the hot sun; it lays on the motor cover or stands up like a radar arch when not in use (or pull 2 pins and leave it in the barn).
Old 12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Bump, bump it up. NailIt did you ever get the bimini made for the 33?
Old 12-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Registered

Yes, I actually bought 2. They first is at the bottom of the GOM!!! We were running about 60 headed to a raft up at Horn Island (few miles sought of Biloxi, ms) and I hit a set of rogue 5ft swells from the side. Didnt want to cut the throttles and it slapped the side of the boat and the set screws pulled out and it sunk!

I ended up calling vendor and he sold me another a cost. I then riveted the connectors.

Looks and works great 7.5ft long!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548560[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??-image.jpg  
Old 12-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Custom? or one from like Carver covers?

Did it fit inside the gunnel rail so it could be stowed under the hatch in the engine compartment? If so any photos of how you kept it in there?

Sorry for all the questions. I just purchased a 33 and looking at bimini top options. I like the idea of having one that can be stowed in the engine compartment when not in use. Sort of like how Formula dose.

Thank you again! The 33 is so new to me i don't even have any good photos of it yet.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Its not custom... I bought it from northstartproductsincDOTcom
Its their SS 7.5ft, but you can have it cutdown to fit whatever dimensions you want.

Mine just perches on the hurricane bars in the back or I normally lay on the head rests. It will not fit in the hatch. I never measured it to see if the inside of the engine compartment sides are the same as the inside of the cockpit. That would be the measurement you really need and then the height.

I leave mine on during the summer, bc you never know when you need some shade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??-image.jpeg   Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??-image.jpg