Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Need some advice...Can't seem to sell my boat >

Need some advice...Can't seem to sell my boat

Notices

Need some advice...Can't seem to sell my boat

Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

And me personally the carb engine would hold me back, unless it was cheap to get into.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

1997 is the cut off for most lenders, so the year excludes most the buyers that need to borrow. I use NADA and comps to price a boat. To most buyers stereo equipment adds nothing to the value of the boat. It looks very clean, spell check the classified and add description to it. Your description sounds more like a story than a classified to me.

I'd do some thing more like this:

1993 Baja 272 Shooter, Mercury 454 Mag (360hp, 20 hours on new power), Bravo I drive, Mirage 23 pitch prop, rear swim ladder, Lenco trim tabs, thru hull exhaust, electric engine hatch ram, halon, (3) Interstate batteries on Perko switch, cockpit carpet, drop out bolster, Garmin 192 color, upgraded Livorsi gauges, etc then add at the end Heritage tandem axle trailer with surge brakes included.

I try to work from the back of the boat and go over all the options and equipment on the boat. I'm not an expert by any means..... but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
Pete:

where do you think it should be priced at?

Greg
In my part of the country I would say $13k-$15K. I looked on craigslist in that range this morning and you would have 10-15 nice boats to choose from.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For comparison I paid 22,000 For this 1996 272 in May of this year , its three years newer , brand new performance (all forged internals and internally balanced with crane 1.7 iconal valves and headers etc.) with 14,000 in the engine alone that runs an honest 70+ on GPS. And this was in may when prices are high , typicaly prices drop a couple grand this time of year . i feel i got a fair deal (didn't steal it) but its a pretty clean boat . So 2500 more than your 93

[U[/URL
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/professorjason/media/IMG_1188_zps76ad7982.jpg.html][/URL

Last edited by professor; 10-18-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Guess it depends on where you live. I'm in southern Ontario and discussed consigning our 2001 272 with a 502. Trailer included and he said we would be right in the middle of the ball park at $ 32,500 Canadian $. Go figure.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Been the consigning/broker route! they are looking to sell at the highest price possible and make 10% while making you think they can sell it that high to get you to sign. ! Once they have you signed up, they will take all offers less their cut! Us $ would be just under 31k. Depending on supply and demand..
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Fix your ad, as I buyer I don't care what you paid for this and that. How many hours on the boat? It wasn't crystal clear. Saltwater or fresh? The ad that was suggested is spot on, yours is too lengthy and tiresome. Get that boat spotless, Its end of season so don't expect to get a high price and serious buyers are scarce. Start at $14k and take the first reasonable offer.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 92nsx
And me personally the carb engine would hold me back, unless it was cheap to get into.
Funny you say that, to me i find a carb as a bonus, especially when these mid 90's boats were not designed with with ethanol in mind so who knows how long till the ethanol starts messing with the rubber o-rings and seals and other components in a FI system causing issues. Also with a FI system theres more things that can go wrong IMO and leave you stranded. a carb is pretty basic, as long as the fuel pump doesnt die chances are its gonna at least get you home

Also if you ever plan to make more HP the FI system is can be more costly to upgrade to support the new HP.

just my .02!

As for the OP, the price is to high, if no one is even coming to see it that tells you its way too high. also as others have said change the wording in the ad. also like others have said, the boat is only worth "X" dollars, it doesnt matter if you dumped $100k into its still only worth "X" dollars to the general public. Also isnt the shooter only a 20 degree deadrise boat??? if so that can also be hurting your sale, people on big lakes dont care for 20 degree boats IMO.
good luck!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsxr1216
Funny you say that, to me i find a carb as a bonus, especially when these mid 90's boats were not designed with with ethanol in mind so who knows how long till the ethanol starts messing with the rubber o-rings and seals and other components in a FI system causing issues. Also with a FI system theres more things that can go wrong IMO and leave you stranded. a carb is pretty basic, as long as the fuel pump doesnt die chances are its gonna at least get you home

Also if you ever plan to make more HP the FI system is can be more costly to upgrade to support the new HP.

just my .02!

As for the OP, the price is to high, if no one is even coming to see it that tells you its way too high. also as others have said change the wording in the ad. also like others have said, the boat is only worth "X" dollars, it doesnt matter if you dumped $100k into its still only worth "X" dollars to the general public. Also isnt the shooter only a 20 degree deadrise boat??? if so that can also be hurting your sale, people on big lakes dont care for 20 degree boats IMO.
good luck!
I agree with the carb thing , a lot of guys are taking off FI to go to carb to make HP improvements cheaper, As for the deadrise of the boat , its not a 20 its a 24 at the transom.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie's ad is a good listing and I sold a 1995 272 on a trailer with a 502MagEFI with 400hrs in 2006 for 24k the boat was immaculate inside and out. Also had a serious stereo. People don't care about upgrades they look at it as something they don't have to do rather than cash value. Only thing they see is a 20yr old boat that runs on a trailer. Market will not bare 20k for a 20yr old boat
272 Shooter is a 24 degree deadrise it's basically a 272 earlier version. Best of luck in sale..

NADA on your boat on a trailer with your options is $13800.00 why nobody is looking at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.