Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   New OB Baja? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/305161-new-ob-baja.html)

PremierPOWER 11-08-2013 05:52 PM

New OB Baja?

Surprised I haven't seen any talk on the baja side about the new release? Is it safe to assume that Baja guys are as disgusted about it as everyone else?

Baja226sport 11-08-2013 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a whole thread about it in the general boating discussion section. And yes you are correct. I personally hate it and I don't think I have seen one positive comment about the boat. It is way way way over priced, ugly as all hell, and performance is poor. Plus a wakeboard tower.....it seems like Baja is trying to go out of business.....again......

PremierPOWER 11-08-2013 07:24 PM

I was just surprised not to see baja fans talking about it on the baja forum.

nailit 11-08-2013 09:47 PM

Well I like it but without the tower.

Now, I think it would need to be longer like AT's version.

And only 70 with 300x2 HP?? Should be knocking on 80 at least. ??

Edit: reading other thread.. has 225 verados that push to 70 with more time for setup needed.

That's a lil better, but still has some wasted space.

mittens 11-09-2013 01:12 AM

UGLZY and horrible design. the engine hatch takes up so much space its pointless in that boat.

the last 2 new boats from baja, a Cheap Cig copy, and Retarded baby of r wakeboart, Outboard, Outlaw.... gonig out of business.

PremierPOWER 11-09-2013 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It has 300's that push 70. Zoom in on picture and you can make out a 3 on starboard motor

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512070[/ATTACH]

BURNSMAZZ 11-11-2013 05:23 AM

One word GRIM.

c_deezy 11-11-2013 07:27 AM

It's a nice try. It is an idea that could have potential, but obviously the designer/team came from a wakeboard boat company and are just phoning it in.

1) If you are going to do outboards, create a new deck/cockpit mold to be able to take advantage of the additional space from not having an I/O
2) Enough with the grey gel and the copycat Cig paint - looks horrible - go up to Bucyrus and find one or two of the old Baja guys that knows how to do the in-gel graphics and pay them to teach you. Get rid of the stupid stickers.
3) Ditch the old english font
4) Spend a little money on upholstery that doesn't look like a high school home ec project

A little common sense and back to basics and they could have a winner. So far the ones they have put out are horrible.

Baja226sport 11-11-2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by c_deezy (Post 4024853)
It's a nice try. It is an idea that could have potential, but obviously the designer/team came from a wakeboard boat company and are just phoning it in.

1) If you are going to do outboards, create a new deck/cockpit mold to be able to take advantage of the additional space from not having an I/O
2) Enough with the grey gel and the copycat Cig paint - looks horrible - go up to Bucyrus and find one or two of the old Baja guys that knows how to do the in-gel graphics and pay them to teach you. Get rid of the stupid stickers.
3) Ditch the old english font
4) Spend a little money on upholstery that doesn't look like a high school home ec project

A little common sense and back to basics and they could have a winner. So far the ones they have put out are horrible.

+1 on all counts

nailit 11-11-2013 09:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I found these comparables on their 28 obx... Always like the checkmate version of o/bs! Just saw the 4 man bolsters....

OH and they did the same Cig replica crap?? Whats that about.....?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512146[/ATTACH]