Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
33 outlaw looking..... Anyone know this boat?  Anything not listed? >

33 outlaw looking..... Anyone know this boat? Anything not listed?

Notices

33 outlaw looking..... Anyone know this boat? Anything not listed?

Old 11-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

How did you know it had a rotten transom?

I would assume all Bajas over 10 years old have some moisture. I had some moisture next to the weep holes in the stringers but cut them out and glassed them. We also took the pickup out from the generator and it had some moisture in the wood core in the hull. Just saying, most boats in that range will have some moisture - my .02.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
How did you know it had a rotten transom?

I would assume all Bajas over 10 years old have some moisture. I had some moisture next to the weep holes in the stringers but cut them out and glassed them. We also took the pickup out from the generator and it had some moisture in the wood core in the hull. Just saying, most boats in that range will have some moisture - my .02.
I went into it understanding the age. I pulled the plug from the bilge a stuck my finger in and got nothing but chunks of the soaked transom that I could pick out. Once all the stagnant water drained the transom wood is all but gone, missing, three inches around the drain plug. Not missing like it wasn't ever supposed to be there. Missing like the void between the inner and outer fiberglass transom layers. That I could deal with but add up all the rest and I know know why it was going for what it was. The swim platform also was flexing the transom at the mounts. Thump testing around those mounting areas also failed.

Lesson learned.... Survey before the 16 hour drive.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sorry don't have all the stock speed memorized that well. There are many others on here like Irish etc that know more about Baja's.

I do know that my 33' Outlaw is an amazing boat that I am super proud of and enjoy running. It would make someone a very happy boater! Open to offers.

Sucks to hear about your luck. I think a lot of us have been in your shoes. Keep searching and you will find a sweet boat. At least you are on the right track with a 33 or 36
I can 2nd that I have seen Kevin's boat in person and almost had a deal struck to buy it 2yrs ago. It's a very nice piece. I'm actually surprised he is thinking about selling it as he takes such good care of it you'd think it was his prized possession.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Coops---

What is the max you will spend ??? With out us knowing what you're budget is, hard for us to help !!
55k max.... That I'm feeling is going to be very difficult.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...205257175.html

Last edited by weekend@burnies; 11-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Trust me when i say don't buy anything thru popyachts. Nothing against broker, but they are going to get 10% out of it that the seller has to agree too. Find the owner!! Save the 10%!!

Just have to look for the deal and jump on it!! I got a great deal on mine. Only items missing from my wants were no hyd steering, mech drive indicators and not fond of the LT green, though it looked 100% better in person and merc indicators work perfect after i adjusted them. Oh and 12 hrs on repower! :-) (<40k)
Old 11-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by weekend@burnies
Found the CL and emailed him. This is listed on pop yachts for 70,000
Old 11-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by coopsmirage
Steer clear of this one

Glitter in the oil

Rotten transom

Interior is falling apart

Still looking
I offered my buddy in Plano to take a look, I was afraid of this after Kyle looked at it, sorry man

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 11-23-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

That boat is beat up. Sides are covered in dock rash. If the guy lets it get beat up, curious how he maintained the motors..
Old 11-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
I offered my buddy in Plano to take a look, I was afraid of this after Kyle looked at it, sorry man
I know and appreciate the offer. Should have taken you up on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.