Anchor locker trim >

Anchor locker trim

Notices

Anchor locker trim

Old 05-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Anchor locker trim

I am looking for a part for the anchor locker, poor design in there..... the anchor shaft sits inside of hole that goes into the nose that hole has a trim ring around it that protects the fiberglass hole as the anchor shaft can bounce up and down in there. It was on my 33 and I assume the 36 were the same way.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean. In my 30, I have some bungees running cross ways and I have a bungee holding the anchor shaft to the inside bow eye. That keeps it from bouncing around. I actually drilled a hole thru the fluke and shaft and I stick a quick pin thru it when not in use. This holds the flukes up so they don't fall down in to the locker. Always fun using it on a rough windy day at the island....as far as replacing the trim it looks like PVC. Maybe you could find a PVC part to fit
Old 05-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

same issue here, on my 35. Had same issue on the 30. Agree, PVC, was actually wondering if even as simple as a trip to Home Depot plumbing department.....? Or a plumbing supply house.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said a go fast shouldn't have a windless..lol
Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Registered

Well after hours and hours of endless searching I gave up even Dave at XT was unable to remember where he use to get those from here is a little info that might help others.

The back part of the flange that goes in the hole is 3.75 no amount of wishful thinking will make it 4.00
If you took the rubber material out of the hole you may be at 4.0 this is my best estimate measuring inside the hole on the fiberglass

I purchased a blower vent and cut out about 1/4" on one side till it just fit snugly in the hole and used silicone to seal it in
The blower vent is no where near as sturdy as the trim ring that came out but at $5 bucks a piece from Great Lakes Skipper I'll buy 3 next time and replace as needed, job took about 30 min.

If anyone has found that trim ring for the hole in the anchor locker post it up but for now that's all I could come up with.

Last edited by Awash; 06-06-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info! Will do some searching myself and share anything I can come up. That trim ring is not only a poor design (probably looked good on CAD), but it is a systemic problem with the boats that have it. Both my Bajas have needed that ring replaced.....
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
Thanks for the info! Will do some searching myself and share anything I can come up. That trim ring is not only a poor design (probably looked good on CAD), but it is a systemic problem with the boats that have it. Both my Bajas have needed that ring replaced.....
Well did't look in the locker after 1-3 footers on Michigan today but that should have beat it up some!

Last edited by Awash; 06-06-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics of what we are taking about?
Old 06-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
Pics of what we are taking about?

Pic of the broken one this is in the large hole in your anchor locker as a trim ring

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542001[/ATTACH]

Picture of what I used but had to modify it.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/tracker...nt-hose-flange
Attached Thumbnails Anchor locker trim-20150531_094555.jpg  
Old 06-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea my anchor locker does not have that at all.

Mine hangs from the tits/ and the wedge with shaft going down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.