Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   New Baja Owner (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/340711-new-baja-owner.html)

XdelaforceX 08-27-2016 06:35 PM

New Baja Owner

Hello all,

I was guided here by a buddy who runs a 38 foot cigarette, and he is actually the one who got me into the speedboat stuff recently. Just picked up my first speedboat ever, a 2002 baja 20 Outlaw. plenty of fun for just me and the wife and our little dude, and it was a great budget buy as well. looking forward to learning and growing with this boat. would love to hear what any of you have done with similar setups, or just general modifications to the outlaws. have fun and safe boating!

-Eric

Dave M 08-29-2016 11:05 AM

What motor do you have? Do you boat on the Potomac?

Tractionless 08-29-2016 02:30 PM

Welcome, checkout Bajaboatowners.com as well.

Before you start out on any mods. Make sure all the maintenance and items to be replaced for its vintage are done.

XdelaforceX 08-30-2016 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 4476169)
What motor do you have? Do you boat on the Potomac?

it has the 5.0L Mercruiser. I will probably be boating on the Potomac as well as the Chesapeake. got any pointers for the area?

XdelaforceX 08-30-2016 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tractionless (Post 4476272)
Welcome, checkout Bajaboatowners.com as well.

Before you start out on any mods. Make sure all the maintenance and items to be replaced for its vintage are done.

just registered at bajaboatowners.com yesterday. lots of the drive parts have already been replaced, the previous owner was very meticulous in maintaining the boat, as well as providing all documentation for dates. both the motor and the alpha drive are less than 5 years old. its has a plethora of updates from the throttle and shifter cables, to the gauges and stereo. it was well documented and one of the main reasons I chose to purchase.

Dave M 08-30-2016 04:06 PM

If you trailer, you will never run out of places to go in the area. I'm on the Potomac around 50% of the time, between DC and St. Clements Is. Georgetown, Old Town, National Harbor, Occoquan, Fairview Beach, etc. etc.

Baja Rooster 09-04-2016 01:55 PM

Welcome to the club!

Baja boats are a great way to dip your toe into power boats and get your wallet wet. They have a large and helpful community, and you picked a great first boat.

XdelaforceX 09-06-2016 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 4476765)
If you trailer, you will never run out of places to go in the area. I'm on the Potomac around 50% of the time, between DC and St. Clements Is. Georgetown, Old Town, National Harbor, Occoquan, Fairview Beach, etc. etc.

how is the water down near st celements? I went out on the Potomac this weekend, between Alexandria and Mt Vernon. water was rough, but that's probably from the hurricane and winds that came with it. it was brutal.