Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw?? >

Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Notices

Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Old 10-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Allan4

Default Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

For the guys who have installed a blower on a 24 Outlaw, how much modification needs to be done to the seat?? Do you have pictures? Considering this route for next season. Thanks, Allan4

Old 10-22-2002, 06:16 PM
merlin540

HOOD SCOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2002, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of blower are you thinking of installing?? I put a Whipple on mine in 2001 and had to modify seat (it's a 95 24 Outlaw) I think you are near me (Chicago area) If so you can come have a look or I can try to send some pics (good luck!!)
The boat will be inside heated storage with the motor out so you have all winter to come check it out. Let me know

Dave
Old 10-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

Lets just do this the way we did CFD5's 25 Outlaw. You go for parts and me and Hadley will break out the saws when you leave. Less stress for you and more fun for us.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Default Re: Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Originally posted by Allan4
For the guys who have installed a blower on a 24 Outlaw, how much modification needs to be done to the seat?? Do you have pictures? Considering this route for next season. Thanks, Allan4
Man Allan, that Checkmate really got to ya, huh
Old 10-23-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Didnt you say you didnt want a Whipple? Also, didnt you say the engine is real low in the boat and there is a lot of room above the engine under the hatch?
Old 10-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Originally posted by Luv-N-It

Man Allan, that Checkmate really got to ya, huh
Next year it will be that little red baja... If only i find a great deal of money and my dad develops a split personality who will let me touch under the hatch
Old 10-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Allan4

Luv-N....HAHAHAHAAAAA, man, I just could not beleive that, that crazy SOB went by me like I was still in the parking lot. You talk about stunned!!! Holy hell, that was just a riot. However, I have been thinking about this blower idea for a few months now....ya know, it's an addiction.

Hyper....

Merlin, hey I got plenty of room up top, it's the front that is the problem. Byron was talking about smaller pulleys. I'll call you in a couple weeks. I need to think about this 9.9:1 cr I have as well. Keep boost under 3-5psi?????Is it even worth while then, I knowit takes power to spin the blower. Also, I need to talk to you about getting something put together on the river for next weekend. I'll call you this weekend. I'm out of town right now. We missed you up at Alum. Fun time.

12......HAHAHAAAAAA< last thing I want to see when I leave is Hadley with a beer in one hand and a saw-zaw in the other with that **** eatin' grin. Not a pretty thought.....leaving my little Baja to endure that rath.....HAHAHA>.....looks good in Timmy's ride though

Bigwavz, no a Whipple is a little out of my price range. I will probably talk to a few buddies of mine (merlin is the 1st on the list) to see what they think. They usually have some B&M and Littlefield stuff laying around. thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that, because I am planning on going to Chicago sometime this winter.

Really it all comes down to 2 things. 1.) $$$$$, becasue I want to dyno it as well. 2.) How much modification needs to be done to the boat. I don't want to carve the boat up real bad for resale reasons.

Thanks guys for the replies, keep them coming jerkies

Old 10-23-2002, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Allan4,
It doesn't matter what blower you go with, you will still have to modify the seat the same way that I did mine. The problem with the Outlaw is that the seat is multi level and the lower part is what gets in the way.

Mine turned out really cool and it was not hard to do. The only tricky part was done by a friend who builds racecars, I had him fab an aluminum panel to cover the area cut out and then just redid the lower seat back cushion.

From the outside you cannot even tell and I now have full access to the front of the motor to do maint work.

P.M. me if you want to stop by sometime.

Later,
Dave
Old 10-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Allan4

Big
Yeah, the lower part is what concerns me. It's actually part of the decking in some way, in front of the crank pulley. I'm gonna have to see yours or someone else's who has done this before I make it a go. Just to worried about the mods........ Thanks, Allan

Quick Reply: Mods for a blower to fit 24 Outlaw??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.