Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Those of you in Houston (I know there's a lot of you) ... >

Those of you in Houston (I know there's a lot of you) ...

Notices

Those of you in Houston (I know there's a lot of you) ...

Old 11-27-2002, 09:33 AM
dloftis

Default Those of you in Houston (I know there's a lot of you) ...

How much winterization do you do, and when?

Do I need to do a full winterization, just normal maintenance, or both? (7.4MPI)

Also, does anyone ever do the parade of lights on Conroe? The Fiance wants to, but I don't know anything about it.

Thanks!

Old 11-27-2002, 10:36 AM
NASDBOY

Don' know about the parade of lights in Conroe, Chris can answer that one.
If you guys do go, let us know, we will join ya!

As far as winterization, mine is inside stored, so I usually just drain the water and add some fuel stab.

2 months from now, you will be ready to go out! I wouldnt spend the money at you know where to have them do a full winterization.

later

Old 11-27-2002, 10:43 AM
dloftis

I'm due for an oil and filter change, so that's getting done.

I can handle flushing, but have no idea how to drain the 7.4MPI. Also, what about fogging?

Fuel stabilizer, no problem --- should I keep the tank as close to empty as I can?

I also know that I need to do some drive maintenance, but have no clue how to do it...

I really want to learn how to do this stuff myself, I'm not interested in working with "you know where" --- I also know it's probably not worth doing the antifreeze thing in Houston... while they'd probably tell me I had to.

Any additional input?

Thanks for the input!

(BTW: The parade could be fun... hang a bunch of lights and hang out on the boat in freezin' cold Conroe after dark ... hehe --- I will let you know if we're doing it.)

Old 11-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine stays inside garage & do not worry about it unless it gets below freezing for a few day straight. Have not had one of those years in a while. Just park & put cover on it.

Got buddy who keeps his under carport & he antfreezes them. Just runs motor on hose until warm, Then fills bucket with antifreeze & water. Has a pump that pumps water from bucket to flushout & once antifreeze comes out exhaust he shuts engine down.

Last edited by Turbojack; 11-27-2002 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Hello all, well the only parade of light's I know of is in Clear Lake on Dec. 14th, did not know Conroe had one also? if you store your boat inside, you should be ok, if the temp drops real low you can put two drop light in the engine compartment one on each side of the oil pan, it is rare around here to get cold enough to do anything, last year it got to what maybe 25 was the coldest? I left a plastic bottle of water on the deck of my boat and it never froze, if your boat is outside then I would run antifreeze through it, and or drain the cooling system,
Mark

Last edited by H2Xmark; 12-11-2002 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

I think, lake conroe has a Parade of lights on the 4th of July ,not real sure about CHRISTMAS,DARIN