Notices

Lake Norman "Baja Poker Run"

Old 03-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake Norman "Baja Poker Run"

Hey guys,

The new Baja dealer on Lake Norman and Baja are sponsoring a poker run May 18th on Lake Norman.

Westport Marina is the dealer and Ellis Winton is the man to call at 704-483-5172 or 704-483-6544.

www.boatwestportmarina.com

Captains meeting Saturday, May 17, 8pm at the Rusty Rudder. Pre-party, bonus card, boat #'s + rules and legal.

Sunday, May 18, start at Westport Marina, time to be announced, captains meeting and numbers, rules and legal for those that did not make the party.

We will make two card stops, total of about 10 miles, and stop at the sand bar for a 2 hour break. They will have a house boat anchored, lunch, snacks and music.

Then on to two more card stops, a total of about 20 miles, and then balls to the wall back to the Rusty Rudder for free beer and the awards banquet. Final run is about another 15 to 18 miles.

The 40 Baja is not available for this run, so they have asked "Dock Holiday" to be the pace boat and lead the pack.

Call Ellis if you are interested and plan to attend. By the way, Ellis was a Baja owner before he got the line. He has a very nice 25 Outlaw with the Team Baja custom paint job like the Baja pace boat of a couple of years ago.

Hope to see you there!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sounds like fun. I hope everything works out where I can make that one. Did you get your boat back yet? I just finished up with the sea strainer this weekend and went out for the first time Sunday. You could not beat 75 degrees and sunshine. I think I have everything done now except for the wax, I'm going to start that tomorrow. Like I said hope to be at the poker run.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Dock:

That is the same weekend as the SML Poker Run. How about another one in June or July?

Sonny
Old 04-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I attended the Poker Run planning meeting Friday and they are really doing a great job on this event. It will without a doubt be the best poker run in the area.

A coupler of things that are in the works;

1) They are working with Baja to give away a 20 Outlaw.
This would be an awesome prize. Hope it happens.

2) The 30 Outlaw that was at the Miami boat show is suppose
to be present and may be driven by a Nascar driver.

3) Two of the resturants where our card stops are will be having
special parties based around the poker run, and we will parade
by for their customers.

4) There are LOTS of prizes and give aways.

Looks like the event will be limited to 75 boats, with just over 40 already registered. If you are planning to attend, get signed up ASAP.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Registered

It sounds like they are trying to put on a good event. I can't wait for it to get here. It would be great if they could give a 20 Outlaw away. See you there.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Looking forward to meeting you Jeff.

When are you coming up?

We will be putting the boat in the water early Saturday morning. I plan to get to the Rudder early for the captains meeting to get a slip to park in. We will be spending the night on the boat Saturday night and be ready for the run Sunday.

Take care.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

We are going to leave Greenville early Saturday morning. That way maybe we will miss most of the Winston traffic. We are going to stay at the Lake Norman Motel, hopefully it want be too bad. We will probably take the truck to Rusty Rudders for the captains meeting, since I'm not too familiar with the lake. I better not try getting around after dark. I talked to Ellis a little bit ago, and got registered. I would like to talk with you sometime once I get a map and see if I can pinpoint some of the stops, but most importantly the start. Which I believe will be at West Port Marina.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Jeff,

We will plan to hook up with you Saturday and give you a guided tour. You really don't want to attempt to navigate the lake at night. But we can get you familiar enough with the lake Saturday to easily get to West Port Marina!

I guess you mean Charlotte and not Winston, unless you are taking the REALLY long route!

Mark
Old 04-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Registered

The Winston Race at CMS. That sounds good, about the tour.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Sorry Jeff,

I feel asleep there for a minute. Yeah that is a really big week. It is hard to remember that the big race will be Saturday instead of Sunday.

There is a LOT of construction north of 85 on 77 for about up to exit #25. Be careful through there.

See Ya
Mark

Quick Reply: Lake Norman "Baja Poker Run"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.