Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do?? >

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Notices

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Old 08-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Highmark
No Problem. After re-reading your post I see what you meant. I should have looked at it more closely. There are a lot of Baja bashers out there.
Don't worry about it, it was pretty confusing the way I wrote it originally..

Old 08-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 36 Outlaw that the port motor snapped the stringer in half.

Baja admits to having problems with their stringers breaking so they came & got the boat and repaired the hull.

I tried for 3 months to get a new hull and was s.o.l.

I would never buy a Baja again. If you ask me it was the worst riding P.O.S. that I've ever been on.

I agree with your choice in Formula. The SS line is a real solid boat. Good luck
Old 08-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High-tide - Can you inform me as to why it was stupid for scalptaker to ask for a new hull when the stringer broke?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Adivanman

High-Tide,
I admire you for wanting to respond, but face it, it's like talking to the dog....

hull
stringer
engine
transom
deck
cabin

this is like a Mr. Rogers episode in spanish. You know that they get the idea, but the understanding is just not there.

Last edited by Adivanman; 08-27-2003 at 07:08 PM.

Old 08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks High-Tide,

Well said.

As for the 36 the ride and handling are AWESOME!
I have NEVER had anyone ride in it that has not make a point to say how nice it rides. I have been in 42 Fountains, 42 Sonics, 43 Black Thunders and the 36 Baja is just as nice on the ride.

As for the stringers, personally I have not spoken to anyone that has had a stringer issue on the 36? I have heard of several on the 29 in a couple of year model period, but not on the 36.

The stringer is a repairable part of the boat. Granted, I would hate to break one, and would not be happy if one did, but I have heard of repairs on these in many different brand boats and if done right you should not have that problem again.

It would be like breaking an A-arm on your truck and demanding a whole new frame?

There are many great boats out there, and they all have one thing in common, they do break. The purpose of this site is to help your fellow boater so we can all learn and better enjoy our sport.

For you guys that have to jump over and bash every change you get, I sorry that your life is so boring that you have to resort to that for thrills.

We appreciate your ignorance, it's always good for a laugh!
Old 08-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

High-tide your killin me,I would have to agree some very ignorant comments there,if you go to the other brands in the owners forum all brands have a stringer,blister,listing,cracking,or whatever problem.So as far as I'm concerned we'd better sell all these things because they are unsafe pieces of **** and are unsafe for human occupation.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

High Tide,

Even as pissed as I am at Baja right now I understand that boat break and have problems. I really hope that these idiots keep crashing our post --- I think it is their way to try get back at baja owners for buying a less expensive boat while they still have all the same problems but less money in their pockets

-------------------------------------

Hey
Burnsmazz,

I agree about getting rid of these unsafe boats....... Wait... what the h#ll did it just say.....

Last edited by Ironmanwb; 09-02-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First let me say "I am NOT Baja Bashing" !!!!! Anybody who knows me on these forums can tell you that !

Now....Let me say this....I would think that a Stringer breaking or coming loose on a new {er} boat would be more like the FRAME on your new truck breaking !!
And YES i would expect a new truck !!!!!!!
would'nt you ?

Forgot one thing.....How can you say that a 36 Baja is the worst riding POS ? A true 24 degree V...?
There are ALOT worse than even a light deep V

Last edited by birdog; 08-28-2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
Thanks High-Tide,
For you guys that have to jump over and bash every change you get, I sorry that your life is so boring that you have to resort to that for thrills.

We appreciate your ignorance, it's always good for a laugh!
Well said too, Dock.

Hey fer ya other fellas...I'm just a poor man from the trailer park when I get the chance to drive my "purplish" Baja in the backyard on blocks dreaming to own something faster with better quality. But lately gas prices have me down So pleaze let me think eye gut somthin' great
Old 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally posted by birdog
First let me say "I am NOT Baja Bashing" !!!!! Anybody who knows me on these forums can tell you that !

Now....Let me say this....I would think that a Stringer breaking or coming loose on a new {er} boat would be more like the FRAME on your new truck breaking !!
And YES i would expect a new truck !!!!!!!
would'nt you ?

Forgot one thing.....How can you say that a 36 Baja is the worst riding POS ? A true 24 degree V...?
There are ALOT worse than even a light deep V
Dog, I would never think your are bashing Baja's unless its regarding some world famous 24'Outlaw sponsored by supplements to go .com

Quick Reply: Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.