Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   Getting close.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/63545-getting-close.html)

Need-the-Speed 11-11-2003 09:04 PM

Getting close....

to snowmobile time. I'm getting all fired up. Just added a chit load of junk to my XC 800. My last addition before the snow flies will be a "happy bottun". A little shot of the juice never hurt anybody. Sled should be close to 185 h.p. Does anyone else do any snowmobiling? How about in the Upstate NY area?

Johnny Bravo 11-13-2003 04:55 PM

My wife and I ride up on tug hill every other weekend as soon as the trails are open. We are also actively involved in several clubs both up there and locally. We forgive you for riding a PoPo. Getting ready to Rev. it up with the 800X

H2Xmark 11-13-2003 06:39 PM

sounds like fun but it has only snowed twice here in 25 years so a jet ski are boat is what I stick to

WHOSNEXT 11-13-2003 07:04 PM

I have a 800 xc and ready to go also, Just need the snow....Going to stay in N.H. this year where the speed limit is 45mph....Why you ask...March 15th of this year sledding in Maine where there is no speed limit I didn't make it around a turn and clipped a tree at around 60ish.....OUCH....broke fema, ribs and arm in four places, in hospital 2 weeks and out of work for 2 months...no fun, but I'm back and ready to slow down. lol

Allan4 11-13-2003 09:19 PM

Yeouch....

I love to sled, we used to alot when I was younger. My next toy will be a snow mobile, or atleast one of my next toys

They are just a blast...flat out blast.

nitro/max 11-13-2003 09:55 PM

We do a lot of snowmobiling, but in the UP. Ride a REV800X. Great sled!

Need-the-Speed 11-13-2003 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
JB
I usually avoid the Hill on the wkends. To many sleds for me. I try to hit the hill in the middle of the wk. It's usually pretty awesome. They try to groom all trails on Tuesday's. When those trails are flat, you can hall a little a$$. I'll forget the comment about the Popo. I've had all makes and models except Polaris. So this is the trial year. I figured in order to be a true critic, I really have to try them all. I really got a pretty smokin' deal on both sleds (xc 500, xc 800 both 01') for just under 7. These suckers are show room. Let me know if you ever ride on Wed.

Johnny Bravo 11-14-2003 04:13 PM

unfortunatly we are weekend riders. We trailer up to C-ville or turrin and ride from there. We Know alot of back trails and area's that do not get alot of traffic. If you are interested we can show you just how great the trails arround the hill are. My wife runs a Rev 600SDI and I ride a Rev 800X.

Need-the-Speed 11-14-2003 10:37 PM

That would be great! I really enjoy ridding the less traveled trails. Have you ever ridden from Camden (sp). Man o' man do they take care of their trails. You can really blast. Me and a buddy went to D&D from Camden. It was pretty cool. They had a Redline they were demoing. Those things are absolutely INSANE.

carney 11-17-2003 08:25 PM

need the speed , I can not understand why you would be smart enough to buy polaris. You saved the best for last, but yet you would be seen in a Baha. You will stand a real good chance of going buy this fountain this week the motors are out ,if you want bragging rights, dont wait long they may be running sunday. And one other thing people I see need-the-speed wants some one to ride with, if you take him up on this. ride in front of him. For he has added lots of parts and if he did not tighten all the bolts ,parts will fly off, this would not be good. I met this fellow he ask my to go boating with him and on the way to the lake the tires were fling off his trailer. I have pics buy can not show them at this time. he like to have fun and puts on a good party. By the way I ride also if you would like to try and keep up some time.