Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   30 Outlaw in Powerboat Mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/92448-30-outlaw-powerboat-mag.html)

BajaFresh 12-14-2004 06:21 PM

30 Outlaw in Powerboat Mag

Just got the new Powerboat mag in the mail today and after having lunch with Mike Nordskog on Saturday (while wearing a Hot Boat Mag T-shirt! :eek: ) figured I 'd better read it right away.

Nice test on the 30 Outlaw with 496 HO's and Bravos (also on the cover). Boy, I sure do like this boat a lot.

It seams a little pricey though at $165K. Especially when looking at the new Cigarette 30 T/S Vice with same motors and XR's @ $195K. I wonder how much they really sell for at the dealers. I know they wheel and deal but how much less will they sell one for?

Steel Outlawed 12-14-2004 08:55 PM

Re: 30 Outlaw in Powerboat Mag

I think you can buy a 04 with HO's loaded with a triple axle trailer for about $120k.

BajaFresh 12-14-2004 10:25 PM

$120K seems more reasonable. Still too much for me though! :(

thisistank 12-15-2004 01:15 PM

Hey Al, you are all over this right here!!!

http://secure.offshoreonly.com/geocl...php?a=2&b=3240

Good seeing you Saturday. Lets get out there again soon.

BajaFresh 12-15-2004 02:54 PM

Hey Tank, how come you're not in that thing already? :D

Thanks for the heads up on it. I didn't even know he had that boat. I thought he just had the Gladiator. It sure looks like a nice clean boat that is priced pretty reasonable. How fast do you think it goes?

I also talked to LS Jr about theirs as he will take mine in trade. I tried to PM you but it says you don't take PM's.

Still not sure if I want to make the jump all the way to a 38. I will have a storage problem with a boat that size.

thisistank 12-15-2004 03:59 PM

That older "Gun" is super clean! Jeff buys and sells boats so that everyone comes out ahead ;) I'm pretty specific what I wnat though. I'm looking at L.S.'s boat too :D I just re-uped my membership, maybe that's why I couldn't get the PM.

bradfitz 12-15-2004 04:05 PM

You can pick up a 2004 30 outlaw with ho's and all the options and a triple axle trailer between 110k and 115k. I know where there are 2 for sale. Hot Boat magazine did a dealer/manufacturer exclusive poker-run on Lake Ponchartrain in Louisiana. There were several manufacturers represented including Sunsation and Formula. The boats were all in the same class. The 30ft outlaw made an excellent showing. You can read all about it in the Feb. issue of Hot Boat.

boss252 12-15-2004 04:14 PM

Why is it that Baja never takes a boat to these magazine trials with big power? I thought it was a good article, but would like to see what kind of numbers it would put up with 525's.

BajaFresh 12-15-2004 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by boss252
Why is it that Baja never takes a boat to these magazine trials with big power? I thought it was a good article, but would like to see what kind of numbers it would put up with 525's.

Probably trying to avoid too much sticker shock. :eek:

I'd love to see that boat with HP500s or 525s.

BEAST1 12-15-2004 10:25 PM

Baja did build a 30 with 525's. I actually got to drive it. Run upper 80's. I know they played with it and was running in the low 90's. The article was pretty good but I di not like the wording they used like "entry level boat". What, only a beginner can drive this boat. I think not. That boat rocks and there is no noised with the cabin door. Maybe they should try to drive it with the door open like everyone else. Just my two cents