Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/92497-whos-got-kickin-system-29-outlaw.html)

BajaRunner 12-15-2004 12:59 PM

whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

Where should you mount subs in this thing? under the cabin or under the rear bench?

getting started early on winter projects :evilb:

JBOUTLAW25 12-15-2004 01:01 PM

Re: whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

I have mine under the rear bench.

29 OUTLAW 12-15-2004 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW25
I have mine under the rear bench.

When do you guys actually use these big-power stereos? I've heard that no matter how big the stereo is, you still can't hear it when you're running. Does that mean you use it at raft-ups? If so, it would seem like every guy in the raft-up would be blasting his own big-power stereo so all you hear is a bunch of big-power stereos drowning each other out. That can't possibly sound very good. I guess if you're anchored out by yourself you could play it but I remember when I was married we would anchor by ourselves and the best part about it was the peace and quiet. I'm not being a smart-ass - I'm just curious.

Yesterday my boat was surveyed and I was worried that the guy might ask me to play the cd player to demonstrate it. I would have had trouble figuring out how it even worked.

JBOUTLAW25 12-15-2004 02:22 PM

I just have one sub under the rear bench for a little more bass response. More of a personal taste I guess. Doesn't make much of a differrence when running but nice at raft ups or going through the 40 minute no wake to the sound. Plus when we raft up we have the sattelite radio on the same station so it's the same music from every boat.

BajaRunner 12-15-2004 02:23 PM

I use mine EVERYTIME I go out.

Yes, In my old boat I can here it a WOT. I have 4-12" Subs and 8-6 1/2's with 4 amps.

Everybodies definition of relaxation is different. yours is in a cove listening to the peacefulness, and mine it WOT with the stereo cranked.

When rafted up, we usually either put the XM on the same station, or have 1 stereo going.

29 OUTLAW 12-15-2004 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
I use mine EVERYTIME I go out.

Yes, In my old boat I can here it a WOT. I have 4-12" Subs and 8-6 1/2's with 4 amps.

Everybodies definition of relaxation is different. yours is in a cove listening to the peacefulness, and mine it WOT with the stereo cranked.

When rafted up, we usually either put the XM on the same station, or have 1 stereo going.

Didn't think about the radio thing all tuned to the same station.

Tunes would be nice when running though but it obvious takes a HUGE system. I've often thought about a headset but I think that would be dangerous cause you can't hear the motors or other "important" stuff

JaayTeee 12-15-2004 03:31 PM

I have one mounted in the middle of the rear bench,
and one below the stereo head unit, and one below the
helm.

3 amps are mounted under the back seat.

It gets it's "excersise" mostly during raft ups :drink:

jt

Blue by You 12-15-2004 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I can't hear mine at all... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

nomomoney 12-15-2004 07:32 PM

hey runner,liquid had some of his subs under his v-berth,down firing.man it really sounded great.would be a good plase if you asked me..i thought about putting a 12 were my fresh water tank is.i currently have two 10's in the sides...

liquid asset 12-15-2004 08:13 PM

NOMO is right I have 2 1,000 watt 12's at the front firing forward , and sounds awesome. They are in the way if you plan on using the bed, we dont use it, but it would look better not being there. I am trying to design a ported box to replace my pump out head during the " off season" , Jimmys old 29 that I used to bring to Travis sounded good with 4 JL 8" under the sides in the cock pit and 6 pair mb quarts