Notices

Tabs on 25 outlaw

Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tabs on 25 outlaw

Originally Posted by slobaja
Thanks everyone for the advice. I finally bypassed the Dealer in Jacksonville that has blown me off in the past and contacted Baja.They sound like they are sincere.It will be worth the 2.5 hour drive to orlando to have a dealer that is WILLING look at it. The Jax. dealer was so rude about my rotten back seat that I thought I was going to have to switch to Velocity (who has been extremely nice to me because they actually want my business). I guess you just have to find the right dealer !
SloBaja,

Sorry you have had problems, but you have the BEST boating resources right there in your back yard of anywhere I know of in the country.

1) Kevin Brady - Dell Marine - 904-730-9968
Kevin knows more about boats than most people have forgot. He use to have the Baja line years ago and most recently had Fountain & Sea Ray. When I had some problems Baja let him handle them as a Sea Ray (Brunswick) dealer.

2) One of the BEST upholstery shops I have see in Jacksonville. Racine Designs, Mr. Don Racine. Baja had Don to replace my headliner in the cuddy when we had water damage and Don also repaired the hatch area that was cut oversize at the factory.

3) The absolute BEST fiberglass shop I have every seen is Dave at T & T Fiberglass. Man these guys have been doing it for over forty years, they have done GREAT work for me and a good buddy has his race cat in there now and it is looking AWESOME!

T & T Fiberglass
4801 Bowden Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Phone: 733-4788

I take my boat to Jacksonville every winter. These three shops are all first class and can do anything, and I mean anything. Would not be heading out of town. I assume that with your boat being a 2001 model it is out of warranty anyway.

Please call Kevin Brady at 904-730-9968 and tell him Dock Holiday told you to call. I promise you will be glad you did. You can call Don or Dave and tell them I sent you also.

I would have posted this sooner, but did not know your were in Jacksonville area.

Good luck
Doc
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check to see if your bottom is true. Sounds like you might have a hull that prematurely let go in the mold on one side. It's fairly common. The laminate lifts off the hull mold prior to the stringres and coring go in. It will cause a hook. I've blueprinted a few Baja's with that problem, and they all gained MPH.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SloBaja,

Did you get in touch with any of those guys in Jacksonville?

Keep us posted.

Doc
Old 04-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 252 islander has the same problem. I don't have trim tabs. Going to get some. I think trim tabs should only have to be used if you would have an uneven load or getting up on plane. And I don't have eather of these problems. Even when it is calm out I can always feel a slight lean to the left even when I'm by myself.

One time I had 4 people on the boat when there was some light wind out (hitting on the left side of the boat) and chop and had them all move to the right side of the boat when we were under way and it didn't really change, it still leaned some. With 5 of us that was atleast 1000 lbs on one side.

If there is any wind and chop it's 10 times as bad. Why would a boat lean more when wind is hitting on the left side of the boat but never leans at all when wind is hitting on the right side of the boat.

I've been on alot of Baja's and other boats and never seen one do this unless every one was sitting on one side of the boat.

Sent a Email to Baja I'll see if they call back today. If not I'll call them. Does anyone have a name of a person to talk to at Baja that they know would help?

Last edited by russ; 04-12-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iguess i got lucky my 25 runs dead level no problems its just slow but thats another thread