Banana Boat 24 set up >

Banana Boat 24 set up

Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S
Hey Trojan man would love to see some pic's of the race boat thats you have as you pic

Its your boat
Hey Len, The boat in my avatar is not my boat, but Charlie's race boat. I have a few other pics..
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-ph-brac006.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-ph-brac007.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-ph-brac012.jpg  

Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
If I were you, I would take out as much of the wood as you can and replace it with composite.
Remember, Im just an happy amateur
We have now opened up the floor.
Someone didnt do their job correct when they put her together. "Open wood" in a boat will eventually get bad...
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-imag0112.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-imag0115.jpg   Banana Boat 24 set up-imag0109.jpg  

Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 212 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by pasta
Remember, Im just an happy amateur
We have now opened up the floor.
Someone didnt do their job correct when they put her together. "Open wood" in a boat will eventually get bad...

I'm sorry to see that.

That is the reason we distance ourselves from the boats that were made by Port Edgewood and not by us, they made so many changes to the original build schedule, we have no idea what they do or don't have under the skin.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I'm sorry to see that.

That is the reason we distance ourselves from the boats that were made by Port Edgewood and not by us, they made so many changes to the original build schedule, we have no idea what they do or don't have under the skin.
No time to be sad... I just need to put in some hours and love and she will be good as new or as close as possible.

In all honesty I couldnt guess she was in such a bad shape.

Looks like, the federal reserve on the outside, and a little ..... house in Mexico on the inside
Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I see you are doing a nice job, if you need a motor from the states you should talk to DEAN GELLNER he is well known for LONG LASTING RACE MOTORS. he does have some extra big blocks at his shop right now ones real big not for you 632ci blower $12,000. but I think he has a 454 or 540 short block he could make real safe power at 450 to 500hp which will give you 72 to 78 gps and last for years on a bravo drive. you need to set the prop shaft height a little high because of the notch in the transom start at 4 1/2'' from keel and 4 blade, or if you go with a box go up another 1''. my boat has a 8ft beam 24degree keel and without a notch its about 5'' from 7'' and handles so much better. hyd steering is nice to but a must with a box. so if you want I can fin out how much for a big block by DEAN would be for 450 to 500hp. there are used k planes on oso for sale cheap too. DEAN HAS A CUSTOMER THAT HAS PUT 40 RACES ON A 540 800HP MOTOR over three years it is going to be checked out this winter and thats a race motor so one of his regular motors will last for years.MRV8OUTBOARD can tell you a lot also he raced banana boats from 1990 to 1994 then went to a custom built 28 footer that he built himself and raced until 2002.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I see you are doing a nice job, if you need a motor from the states you should talk to DEAN GELLNER he is well known for LONG LASTING RACE MOTORS. he does have some extra big blocks at his shop right now ones real big not for you 632ci blower $12,000. but I think he has a 454 or 540 short block he could make real safe power at 450 to 500hp which will give you 72 to 78 gps and last for years on a bravo drive. you need to set the prop shaft height a little high because of the notch in the transom start at 4 1/2'' from keel and 4 blade, or if you go with a box go up another 1''. my boat has a 8ft beam 24degree keel and without a notch its about 5'' from 7'' and handles so much better. hyd steering is nice to but a must with a box. so if you want I can fin out how much for a big block by DEAN would be for 450 to 500hp. there are used k planes on oso for sale cheap too. DEAN HAS A CUSTOMER THAT HAS PUT 40 RACES ON A 540 800HP MOTOR over three years it is going to be checked out this winter and thats a race motor so one of his regular motors will last for years.MRV8OUTBOARD can tell you a lot also he raced banana boats from 1990 to 1994 then went to a custom built 28 footer that he built himself and raced until 2002.
Many thanks.

Regarding engine.
I will check out a 525 (for a nice price) from the states tomorrow tuesday. The engine has been sitting for some time without being used. The first leak down showed not so god figures on the nr 1 and nr 2. Due to some minor carbon build up. The seller claims its because its been sitting since october. The rest had good figures. A start up and a new check will be done tomorrow. Im also looking at an ITS and Bravo xr drive.

I would really appreciate if you could check prices with Dean. Im looking for "drop in ready to go". Perhaps time is to short though?

Some more work done.
We are now starting to slowly build up the boat
Attached Thumbnails Banana Boat 24 set up-20090201261.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, how much hp 500 plus. ITS SEEMS A LOT OF MONEY. if you set the drive height to be prop shaft bullit measure to vee keel, a good height is 4 1/2 to 5 1/2'' that with the drive down level. so if you have not cut the new hole through the transom you could put the drive on a stand and play with the height. also do you need exhaust Dean can get new stainless marine and it lasts forever it seems. I will post thurs or friday sorry about not checking back. I think mercs stuff is over priced I bought a 502 when I was moving up new it was 12,000 in 93 or 94, 2 years later we threw most of the stuff in side it and made 585hp with easy. now its 650 to 750 hp bepends on carb, and the new motor Dean is building is a work of art inside and out he starting that one next week and I will post pics. his father started the CO some 40yrs ago and DEAN has raced boats and big TIME PRO STOCK drag racing like on TV. so he knows how to make things last. my motor was built by a big name guy in offshore and my buddy had the twin to mine dyno time only and his blew up twice once cam then everything. so when I bought mine I sent it to DEAN after seeing his work on my other friends boats and race teams, and he had to machine stuff, change bearing sizes. so I feel better now and I was not in a rush so I told him to work on the race teams stuff and mess with mine here and there. but he wants it done. mine will be plug and play with its own oil cooler the plate style so I will be back. sorry again
Old 02-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

hi Dean can build you a nice 540 with 600 to 650 that will last, he will send you a PM so check your PM box, see yah art
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hi Dean can build you a nice 540 with 600 to 650 that will last, he will send you a PM so check your PM box, see yah art
Hi Art,
I´m afraid its a bit too late...
If something goes wrong I will let you know.
Thanks for trying to help,
Mathias
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

ok let me know. so what are you going for ? art

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.