Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Banana Boat
24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!! >

24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

Notices

24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

Old 11-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

Hey Guys - Just got back from Key West Races this weekend - had a great time!

Dad and I were walking around in the pits and all of the sudden we came upon an all yellow 24 banana w/ twin 200s! Turns out the guy lives down here in St. Pete and was at the races as a patrol/safety boat. We talked with him a while and told him about OSO etc. so hopefully he'll join... He has boat #30 - a 1985 year model. Was great to see it there with all the race boats...

PS - Chris are you still coming down on the weekend of 12/4-5? I'll be around that weekend so you better not cancel again ya bum!!! lol!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh Oh, I have angered the Banana Gods...

Hey Charlie,

Your friends from Providence that I met that day said that the owner of Banana Boat, LTD moved to Key West and he took two Banana's with him.

Was that the guy you met?

I am leaving to go back to Orlando right after, (my Birthday/Thanksgiving), I will definately NOT cancel on you for that weekend.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Registered

Default Re: 24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

Great, I'll see you that weekend then...

Yes it's true, the banana boat ltd. guy does live on a yacht (Feadship) in key west. His two banana boats are both i/o diesels - so no this yellow boat was not one of his.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

An i/o diesel? How are those for perf? Sound like dogs to me. But some of the newer diesels might not be that bad.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

loosecannon yellow banana keywest2004

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
Hey Guys - Just gotthis weekend - had a great time!

Dad and I were walking around in has boat #30 - a 1985 year model. Was great to see it there with all the race boats...

PS - Chris are you still coming down on the weekend of 12/4-5? I'll be around that weekend so you better not cancel again ya bum!!! lol!!!
loose cannon yellow banana at key west 2004 ;radek here i am sory i didnt get to you sooner, i remaber well your dad walked up to me said , is that the best boat you ever owned. and i said , its one of the best . right know iam puting 2, 2.5 liters off shore and pair of 14.9 30 s 4 blades on it should run low 70 s.

Last edited by loose cannon; 02-07-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

Re: 24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

iam not sure if you get this ,but iam the guy with the yellow 85 banana # 30 . i have just found the site 3 years later , but iam not very good with the pc nor do i spent a lot of time on it.but iam totaly pumpt about the fact you will bring the banana back . i was racing sbi in 06 in a30 amt open cat with 2 2.5 s in s class 105 108 mph . fun fun fun . thank your dad for me i liked all the stuff he sent . here is a idea banana cat 32 foot outboards, go against skater ,doug wright ,we would win win win . ps; i got reports off my boat bieng the b 73 race boat ?????? i dont think so , but you never know.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Hello Radek:

This is a really old thread - but thanks for the kind words about your boat! I remember meeting you back in '04...

Your boat should run great with those 2.5's. Are you going to fill in your transom and mount those 2.5's on a bracket?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Hello Loose Cannon,

I looked at your boat before you bought it when it was for sale in Florida. It was on a triple axle trailer with twin 200's on the back.

Your boat is not Mike Snow's first boat, (B73). His was an 86 or 87 model and spent most of it's life in CT after he sold it.

They look a lot a like though.

Here are some pic's of then and now...

Attached Thumbnails 24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!-b73-team-banana.jpg   24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!-bana.jpg  
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered

Hello Radek:

This is a really old thread - but thanks for the kind words about your boat! I remember meeting you back in '04...

Your boat should run great with those 2.5's. Are you going to fill in your transom and mount those 2.5's on a bracket?
hi jr or sr dont know whos reading ,but iam ameizd tha it went throuh its my first email or thread ,no i have all raedy put them on the boat have not run the boat yet . the trasom is so strong ,and did not want to alter the look. do you have any of those t shirts that i could buy ????.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered

Hello Radek:

Originally Posted by Air Dog
Hello Loose Cannon,

I looked at your boat before you bought it when it was for sale in Florida. It was on a triple axle trailer with twin 200's on the back.

Your boat is not Mike Snow's first boat, (B73). His was an 86 or 87 model and spent most of it's life in CT after he sold it.

They look a lot a like though.

Here are some pic's of then and now...

hallo air dog i did not buy the boat near jonspass i was selling it i got the boat in ct 9 years ago at a mufler and break shop. guys name was ray voitans in new london.

Quick Reply: 24' Banana Boat at Key West Races!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.