Notices

Stolen Spectre 30

Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stolen Spectre 30

Seems that 30 footter's were pretty popular on New Years. There is another posting here on OSO on a Superboat in Long Island taken with a stolen truck..it also had outboards
Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

guess i'd better double up on the kryptonite locks n cables huh...i dont need any insurance issues.

****Sunshine 2 birds ? Now that will definately get ya pulled over. As if 1 wasnt enuff.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

I am currently working with the FBI and have spoken with the police in Auto Marine Theft Services in Suffolk. They do not have a record for the vessel yet stolen there yet... If anyone knows what district the Superboat vessel has been stolen in and/or the complaint number pass that on to someone.

I am trying to force the local districts (where the thefts occurred) to gather information and do the legwork needed to compile the necessary investigation tools for the FBI.
They are willing to help but only if the local police departments will supply the info and cooperate with them.

I spoke to Det. Gonzalez today in Miami, real nice guy, but WOW he deals with some theft.... He is working with another guy Christian Winch.
Brick Township Police are not real happy about the FBI, but I guess they figure that we don't think that they are doing the job.
FBI agents name Gary Beneducci in the Newark, NJ office # 973.792.7362.
Keep me posted on your thoughts.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

There were a couple of huge thefts here in ft myers last year- breakins at dealers where security systems were bypassed, etc and dozens of eggbeaters in crates plus other motors and parts were loaded into something larger than a pickup... unbelievable stuff.

newspaper reported these gangs work outta miami, and as was posted, most of the stuff winds up south of here.

I'm not an outboard guy, but those things look heavy. Even at catburglar speed, how long does it take to unhook one of those things and get it into a truck?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe a system like this is the ticket?
http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?s...racking+System
Old 01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

I'm not an outboard guy, but those things look heavy. Even at catburglar speed, how long does it take to unhook one of those things and get it into a truck?[/QUOTE]

Typical 250- 300hp outboard is between 400-500lbs. Cutting the cables and harnesses a few guys could have 2 gone in 10 minutes.

About 8 years ago the company I was working for had a 36 foot triple with a 10 foot beam and HUGE murals painted on the sides stolen out of Hollover marina in Miami on it's trailer while gate attendents were on duty and no one saw a thing. It was found on the side of the road in the warehouse district smacked up and stripped a few days later.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GORT
If I get stopped for "Briefly crossing a double yellow" fine... my point was its my word against the cops whether I really did cross the line......

[B]
My point was, you probably won't get a summons if that brief crossing is the only thing wrong. And as you indicated, you haven't gotten any tickets right?

and please... don't tell me SOME cops don't "Embellish"(lie) about thier reason for pulling over what they "think" looks like a suspicious vehicle.......

I don't think that is what I was saying, moreso what I was trying to get across is that the majority don't and if they are dumb enough to do so, they are substantially risking their careers, pensions and economic worth if they negligently and regularly engage in that type of activity. Which is just plain stupid. There will always be some stupid members of every profession, no doubt about that, but it is blatently against the law to stop for no reason and it's not all that uncommon for reason to present itself. So in essence, what I'm saying is, the majority don't purposely take those kind of risks and the few who do will ultimately pay the price one way or another.

Lexluther, I don't know if I can understand why any police officer (or more than one for that matter) with a pulse would regularly stop a woman in a Corvette for that reason alone. There are pretty women all over the place (and probably some that an officer fixated on that behavior could legitimately and lawfully stop for violations), so why would they stop you for no reason? It's not really worth the risk to blatently violate your civil rights just to get a closer look. Sounds to me like you are giving yourself a little too much credit. But hey, if in fact there are several officers in your town willing to take that risk then my suggestion to you is to spend a few minutes speaking with the Internal Affairs unit. If your alligations have any merit whatsoever at the very least they will know that these illegal stops are not welcome by you, and the problem will cease.

I have been driving 35 yrs & have NEVER received a moving violation(knock on wood)... that doesn't mean I haven't comitted any.... I've been lucky many times... but also responsible almost always.... I have no hidden agenda against cops in general.... I agree with you that your a "target" for many abuses... I have been stopped several time comming home from the lake with my wife & 2 kids at DWI checkpoints... my son (14) last year commented "Are they here again" same place every sunday night.... I replied "JP thier doing thier job & trying to protect us from drunk drivers... its a small inconvenience" The cops are usually the same each week & recognize us.... we are polite & respectful as are they... they speak to each of my kids every week.... but I don't really like the fact that they have the right to stop me when I've done nothing wrong.... wheres the "REASONABLE SUSPICION" in a DWI checkpoint? I'm not looking for a constitutional arguement here... my point was the reality of it is cops can come up with a "REASONABLE SUSPICION" to pull you over anytime they want.... I have several Law enforement clients.... I respect and admire what they do.... but even they will tell you that not all cops do it the right way.... your profession is no different then anyone elses.... one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.... appearance wise.... so if I was too general... I apologize.... We're better off with you guys then without you.... no question

DWI Checkpoints are different. The Supreme Court of the US has approved the following types of checkpoints:

1. Sobriety
2. Inspection of operating permits and vehicle registrations
3. For the purpose of apprehending a fleeing fugitive
4. Thwarting a Terrorist Attack
5. International Borders

Moreover, in certain highway-related situations, brief and non-intrusive suspicionless stops are allowed. Thus, officers at fixed checkpoints within one hundred miles of the international border can effect brief suspicionless detentions in order to stem the flow of illegal immigrants. United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U.S. 543 (1976). Similarly, officers can conduct brief non-intrusive suspicionless detentions as part of sobriety-related roadblocks. Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz, 496 U.S. 444 (1990). Finally, the Court has indicated in dicta that roadblocks to verify drivers’ licenses and vehicle registrations are permissible provided that the police officer’s discretion is not “standardless and unconstrained.” Delaware v. Prouse, 440 U.S. 648, 661-663 (1979). But in none of the “special needs,” “administrative search,” or highway-related cases was the State primarily interested in general crime control. Moreover, in the highway-related cases, the suspicionless stops were directly related to issues of highway safety or policing the border. “We have never approved a checkpoint program whose primary purpose was to detect evidence of ordinary criminal wrongdoing.”

Last edited by at100plus; 01-05-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by at100plus
That's true at midnight it probaby would be suspicious, but Lex said it was between 5 PM on the 31st and 12 PM on the 1st, so it could have been 10 in the morning. Holiday weekend, everyone knows no one will be a Pro Roc. There are alot of cops but they are focosed on other problems. Boat theft is not the first thing on their mind. Statistics show most stolen boat are under 18' unless near a drug trafficing city like Miami for example. Most likely this was the work of a professional ring that operates in various jurisdictions to avoid being placed in a local profile (based on method of operation) by local investigators. Marine theft is high profit nationwide but not common most individual cities.
And you're welcome for the Miami info.

Is this your boat or a customer's?

I do hope they find it and I'd love it if they could give the bad guys a good beating for stealing it, but those days are over too!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Catagory5
Typical 250- 300hp outboard is between 400-500lbs. Cutting the cables and harnesses a few guys could have 2 gone in 10 minutes.
2 guys in the boat, wrenching/cutting while 2 others hook up to the hot truck and drive a mile or so- unhook and toss ob's in the back and be heading to the shipping container in less than 30 mins. 2 new motors + 50K truck= big payday.

Unless they had a sign saying "FREE RIDES TODAY" I certainly wouldn't be approaching several large *minority* individuals and asking if they owned the bad ass boat they were hooked up to, and acting like they owned... just sayin

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Stolen Spectre 30

You guys should just face it all ready that boat is gone!!!!!! Its been a week and nothing, the guys who took that boat knew what that were doing. Next time you should lock up your boats better. But good luck any way.

Last edited by EVILWAYS; 01-06-2006 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Stolen Spectre 30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.