Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Vector 46' Aluminum Offshore Vee >

Vector 46' Aluminum Offshore Vee

Notices

Vector 46' Aluminum Offshore Vee

Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vector 46' Aluminum Offshore Vee

Back in 1994 I had designed a 46' aluminum Vee for the company that I was working for in Canada. Unfortunately the boat was sold before we were able to complete the project. Last that I had heard the Boathouse in NY had purchased the hull in 2000. Just wondering if anyone in the boating community has seen this boat around. It is 46' stepped bottom double skined foam core aluminum hull.

I have always wondered what had happened to the boat and if it was ever completed and put on the water.

Below are a couple of pics.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

I would like to see that as well. It looks really sweet just sittin in the shop.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:50 PM

It was a pretty rad design, 6'4" head room in the main cabin and head. 660 gals of fuel we designed it to be used as a island hopper from south Florida to the Bahamas and originally was going to be powered with triple 540ci turbo motors and #6's.

We spent a lot of time developing the running surface and making sure the boat would be unsinkable with it's injected foam core. It was destined to be a big water rig.

Bubba
Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Why was it sold before completion? It looks to me like someone put alot of development time as well as a ton of labor into that hull. I don't understand why someone would sell it before it was done.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
Why was it sold before completion? It looks to me like someone put alot of development time as well as a ton of labor into that hull. I don't understand why someone would sell it before it was done.
I agree. A lot passion as well as years of testing to get the bottom designed to then sell it before your baby is complete. That would bother me for the rest of my life not knowing how well the boat actually performed. I think it's a great project., Im a fan of foam injected aluminum boats. Ive been looking at a few CC's done this way...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:21 PM

The problem was too many projects at once. We were building up a marina, boat sales and service facility, had 50 employees, building a 37 Talon for poker runs and were running a pair of fountians all at the same time. The owner simply lost intrest in the project and has since gotten out of the marine business. That was allmost ten years ago. We had actually done destructive panel testing and the hul sides with withstand a blast from a 12ga shotgun with a slug at 40' and the bottome was even stronger.

There was quite a bit of innovation that went into the design and we had even aquired some computer modeling time on a Cray 90 super computer from a NASA affiliate to perform the computational fluid dynamics and refined the way the boundry layers were being generated. You won't see another hull with the shape of the step the way this one was designed, shingles between the steps before skater even begun to use them on their cats, staggered strakes and inverted chines. There was a lot going on with the design of this hul to generate a thin but very dense boundry layer so that it would not bobble around like most of the step bottom boats that hit the market in the mid to late 90's

I got out of the marine industry after the project was canned and went on to doing IT related work. Now I am working my way slowly back into the industry and have always wondered what had happend to this hull. I'd like to track it down, see if it was completed or if it is sitting somewhere, buy it back and finish the project myself and toying with the notion of triple marinized Duramax Diesels turned up on some #6's

Bubba
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 496 Likes on 271 Posts

That's a sexy beast!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Thx man, I think that I have located it and talked to someone who knows were it is. I am waiting for pictures to confirm and will post as I get more info.
Bubba
Old 06-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered

bubbunater, I know where that boat is its in my friends back yard he bought it and still looks the same email me I can get you in touch with him
Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

bubbunater, He may want to sell email me [email protected]

Quick Reply: Vector 46' Aluminum Offshore Vee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.