Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm >

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Notices

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
don't understand why someone would steal a boat, without a title it's worthless, you can't register it, with a black dually and bolt cutters and only 4-5 minutes they were professionals, like a boat repo service. were there any similar boats there, Is Derreberry in a busy area?
You'd be suprised. A lot of states don't even have title laws. All it takes is a fake bill of sale from a non-title state. Its pretty easy to get a clear title.

I don't understand why people leave boats like this sitting outside. I mean for a $300-400K boat - you would think they could manage the $75 a month storage fees. What a shame - I really like that boat.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-26-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't figure out how someone can steal something that is so big and very easily identifiable (it has a big Shark on the side & trailer must be 60' long). The Teague motors are also not very common to where they could be put in another vehicle or boat without someone noticing.

Last edited by THLWL; 11-27-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I ran into a similar situation, in regards to the title comment, when I purchased a boat from a friend who lived in Georgia. Michigan, where I live, is pretty strict on titled watercraft, and Georgia certainly is not. The State of Georgia does not even require a signature from the seller to transfer a registration into the new owners name. UNREAL! I felt bad, but he wound up jumping though quite a few hoops, including two trips to the SOS, to make the transfer of ownership. The biggest mogul was the fact that Georgia doesn't issue titles to watercraft unless they are documented ships. So there was no title to transfer! Anyway I'm getting off the topic of the thread here. I wish you the best with your search, I know the feeling, I lost a 23 Nova XL with a 454-Bravo, and never saw it again! Nick
Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CigDaze
They re-closed the gate and put a new lock on? Sounds like they thought it out....like they were pros. Bummer.
A $3 lock can give an appearance that can buy a lot of time, especially on a holiday weekend. Seems like they bought almost 48 hours and with the first 10-12 hours being dark and minimized the chance that someone would drive by an see a gate left open or unlocked. They went in with a plan.

There are other businesses with camera's nearby that are being looked at. And since it's been on the market for a while and he appearently already has the new cat that replaced it, I'm sure the insurance company will be doing everything possible to find it ASAP. Hoping, for the owner that is, that it's fully insured if they don't.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not sure what to think about what I'm hearing tonight. I'm hearing that it's possible that Card Shark has been spotted, repainted yellow with red and green checkers and switched to a yellow gooseneck trailer seen headed east on HWY 82 east of Sherman. Being towed by a black Ford DRW. That could put it headed to the Hugo Oklahoma area or cutting over to I30 headed east to who knows where.

I figured if there was good and current information it would have surfaced here as well. ?????
Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

did you read that over on lakepirate?? that guy doesnt make sense... supposedly it was surrounded by cops or something earlier.... riiiiight!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For what it's worth.....

Here are pictures from a security video, believed to possibly be the man and 2 women that may have stolen Card Shark.

And yes purple, this is from Lakepirate forums.
Attached Thumbnails Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm-dsc00464.1.jpg   Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm-dsc00464.3.jpg   Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm-dsc00464.jpg  

Old 12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Who the hell does that with a young girl er daughter. What are they gypsies or something. It wouldn't be the first time I saw one in OK.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered

those pictures might be more helpful in finding the boat if non-paying members could see them
Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
those pictures might be more helpful in finding the boat if non-paying members could see them
Use the Lake Pirate link in that same post.

Quick Reply: Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.