Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   31 Cape Horn "lit Up" Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/197164-31-cape-horn-lit-up-stolen.html)

dirtlawyer 10-13-2008 05:08 PM

31 Cape Horn "lit Up" Stolen

1 Attachment(s)
Posting this for a friend of mine in Jacksonville. His 2008 31 Cape Horn was stolen last night. Boat, motors and trailer.

Here is his description from the "Hull Truth" - It's a 2008 31 Cape Horn w/twin Yamaha 250. The boats is white with 'Lit-up" on the side. There are a pair of white wake board power speakers under the top.

If anyone sees this boat or has any information on its whereabouts, please contact me at [email protected] or contact my friend Tim at [email protected].

note that the truck in the picture is his - not that of the thiefs!

Thanks,

LaughingCat 10-30-2008 04:38 PM

Any update?

kr1276 10-30-2008 08:06 PM

Boat has been found but was stripped. I am sure dirt will chime in and give all the details.

dirtlawyer 10-31-2008 02:00 AM

yep - Keith hit it on the head. Boat was found the next day behind an abandoned warehouse. Motors and electronics were removed. No damage to the boat - apparently the thieves knew what they were doing. From what I understand, the einsteins that pulled this job off, used a stolen truck to transport the boat - truck had Lojack, and that's how they found the boat. From what my friend said, the Jax police have a suspect on their radar screen... apparently this individual has done some time for a similar crime in the past.

divenstar 11-02-2008 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer (Post 2728925)
yep - Keith hit it on the head. Boat was found the next day behind an abandoned warehouse. Motors and electronics were removed. No damage to the boat - apparently the thieves knew what they were doing. From what I understand, the einsteins that pulled this job off, used a stolen truck to transport the boat - truck had Lojack, and that's how they found the boat. From what my friend said, the Jax police have a suspect on their radar screen... apparently this individual has done some time for a similar crime in the past.

Hope the douche' bags get hit hard...

Sorry for your loss...

Divenstar :angry-smiley-038:

LaughingCat 12-31-2008 12:32 PM

Any update on this? Did the cops catch the thief using lojack?

dirtlawyer 01-06-2009 03:37 PM

never caught them - supposedly they are close to making an arrest; however, no action as of yet.

LaughingCat 01-16-2009 03:55 PM

That sucks. Cannot believe they stripped it that quick. LoJack is only effective once the owner signals the vehicle was stolen. So if they owner of the truck was away for awhile, they had more time.

It just blows.