Beware of ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG

Notices

Beware of ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG

Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beware of ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG

Do business with ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla) at you own risk. The owner is a slippery dude who is after you money, builds a half azz product and does not stick by his work or word.

My trailer was delivered with the calipers bracket bolts loose and ready to fall off, brakes were never working from day one. Other bolts (aluminum trailer) were loose and a tail light not working.

I called the owner numerous times and got the run around and a bunch of tall tales. I gave him chances to make things right and they are not going to do the right thing. Just full of excuses and a lot of them.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not doubting you, but have heard the exact opposite of this experience from a few close friends that had trailers built by All Amercan, I have seen their work up close, VERY CLOSE, and it is just as good if not better than anything short of a Myco, Manning etc.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear of your troubles. That has not been my experience with Willy. I am surprised to hear that you are getting the runaround.

T
Old 07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, I understand what you are saying. That is why I went with them because others gave me the thumbs up. I have resolved all the issues with the trailer my self at my expense, if I had not noticed the caliper flopping around this situation could have gotten very ugly.

All the issues aside it is a good design and it works and tows very well.

However there is no excuse for delivering a trailer in this condition and the poor communications. There was a lot of he said, she said finger pointing between Willy and the boat manufacture.

I am just saying, if can happen on one trailer it can happen on others.

Last edited by t-islands; 07-22-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer

Todd is this you?
I am surprised to hear that you had trouble with the trailer and Willy. I delivered the boat to PA without event on that trailer. I hope the boat is still running well. If things are reconciled now, perhaps this thread could be deleted.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Is this the same American trailer co. that opens up every few years as a different named co. with a similar name? I had an 10 American trailer under my 30' Scarab. By 04 they where OOB anf referals whet to All American trailers. It was a decent trailer but couldn't get parts after a few years. In regards to anything aluminum. The bolts all need to be checked on a regular schedule. They will loosen up just sitting still. Heat, cold, vibration, salt air, water everything has the loosening effect. Especially brake componants, lots of twisting and strain in those areas. You ever get a new set of aluminum wheels? Better check them every hundred miles or so for the first thousand miles till they seat themselves.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default All American

The trailer worked great from the start and have had no issues related to poor assembly! When I need parts I call Willy and he'll get them for me or tell me where to get them! Willy has been great.
Attached Thumbnails Beware of ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG-12-2.jpg   Beware of ALL AMERICAN TRAILER MFG-p1261305.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Is this the same American trailer co. that opens up every few years as a different named co. with a similar name? I had an 10 American trailer under my 30' Scarab. By 04 they where OOB anf referals whet to All American trailers. It was a decent trailer but couldn't get parts after a few years. In regards to anything aluminum. The bolts all need to be checked on a regular schedule. They will loosen up just sitting still. Heat, cold, vibration, salt air, water everything has the loosening effect. Especially brake componants, lots of twisting and strain in those areas. You ever get a new set of aluminum wheels? Better check them every hundred miles or so for the first thousand miles till they seat themselves.
Do you know if one of the alias's was american high performance trailers ?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Default All American Trailer

I had these clowns build a custom trailer for a 40' Hustler in October of 2008. I made it just north of the Vero Beach exit on I-95 northbound where the trailer began to fish-tail violently which resulted in the trailer snapping behind the surge brake. This resulted in my boat being slammed onto I-95 and sliding down the road causing $36,000.00 in damage. I made contact with the owner (shady little Cuban) who refused to give me any liability insurance information. He then made himself unavailable and refused my phone calls. But,......when the bank cancelled that check he called in a panic. I told him to do the right thing and make this situation right. He stalled for time and never filed a claim to assist me with his products failure. He threatened me by phone, by mail, and even had a clown who identified himself as a FBI agent contact me via the phone and threatened me with arrest, and when this clown failed to bully me, his conversation turned towards physical violence. This company is shady and dishonest. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hustler525
I had these clowns build a custom trailer for a 40' Hustler in October of 2008. I made it just north of the Vero Beach exit on I-95 northbound where the trailer began to fish-tail violently which resulted in the trailer snapping behind the surge brake. This resulted in my boat being slammed onto I-95 and sliding down the road causing $36,000.00 in damage. I made contact with the owner (shady little Cuban) who refused to give me any liability insurance information. He then made himself unavailable and refused my phone calls. But,......when the bank cancelled that check he called in a panic. I told him to do the right thing and make this situation right. He stalled for time and never filed a claim to assist me with his products failure. He threatened me by phone, by mail, and even had a clown who identified himself as a FBI agent contact me via the phone and threatened me with arrest, and when this clown failed to bully me, his conversation turned towards physical violence. This company is shady and dishonest. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Another lesson learned the hard way! Do business with reputable people. MYCO is one of the few reputable trailer builders. Expensive yes but you get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.