Notices

Prop deal gone bad

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop deal gone bad

I purchased 2 stock bravo 32 pitch props from Merlin marine and when they arrived they were not stock so I called and spoke to Tony and he said they sent the wrong ones and to send them back and he would ship the stocks ones out and he would help on the freight. I send them back and the next set arrives and the same thing not stock. I called again and now he starts telling me how he has been in the marine business for 30 years and I don't know what a stock prop is. At this point I not sure how reputable he is so I asked for a refund and I would then send the props back now he blows up at me. So I send the props back and I did get a refund 2 weeks after he receive the props and no credit for shipping the props 3 times which he said he would help with.

Maybe he was just having a bad 6 week run thats how long it took to get this straightened out but buyer beware.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Registered

What do you mean when you say "not stock"? Are these used or new?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
What do you mean when you say "not stock"? Are these used or new?
I'm looking for a set that has not been thinned or labbed in any way (STOCK). These were used and thats ok they were just not stock any more. Do you have some 32 Bravos?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered

I see. Like you said, it should be gaily easy to tell if they were lab bed or not. I only have 30 props.....and they are on my boat. Any in the classified section here?