Notices

Why was SOS Formed

Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why was SOS Formed

I really did not notice a big change here when IB took over there were the connection problems that were solved I guess they did not have free bling which was a buisness decision

the content relly did not change. So why SOS

I think the answer is a chance for some guys to make some money I applaud this A group of guys thought he y could make a better product and it has disolved in chaos.

Shame another good boating site is always welcomed

Thanks to IB the owner of OSO got to cash out and sold to a company that has kept this the best offshore site on the web.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
I

I think the answer is a chance for some guys to make some money
Bingo!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
GB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bingo 2 !
Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but since Steve sold OSO and it was bought by IB, in its current state would the existance of OSO be for the sole purpose of making money? If it was losing IB money, do you think the lights would be on?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't know the full reasoning behind SOS but I can tell you why I migrated over there for the past year. First, I was getting tired of the slow speed that seemed to be plaguing OSO once IB took over. I was invited to join this new entity in its begining stages and thought most people would be coming over. Alot did including my NJ circle of friends. A couple weeks later, I had gotten into a heated debate here on OSO, not malicious or attacking mind you, backing a few friends in a disagreement with a sponsor of the site. Mysteriously I could no longer access this site. After multiple inquiries of why I was banned, I finally got an email stating that my account was still active and I was not banned. So I again tried logging in to no avail, asked multiple times for a new password or account access info and got no response. That is why I left. I hate drama and just want to talk about boats, events, benchrace, bust chops and have some fun!!! Since all of this turmoil over there started, I have gotten back together with the mods here on OSO who cleared up whatever was blocking me from access and I am back!
Now I just have to learn how (or how much I need to pay) to post pictures!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Steve_H

I am not "in the loop" but when IB bought OSO it lost the owned by a friend and the one of us feel. SOS tried to bring that back.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
I am not "in the loop" but when IB bought OSO it lost the owned by a friend and the one of us feel. SOS tried to bring that back.
Thats accurate
Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

True. But I am sure the $$ had alot to do with it as well. And, who wouldn't want to start a new boat website with potential for profit?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
True. But I am sure the $$ had alot to do with it as well. And, who wouldn't want to start a new boat website with potential for profit?
Hmmm, FREE membership. Free swap shop. Free classifieds. Free advertising.

Where was the $$ part in that equasion again? NO one was making any money out of SOS.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

From someone who just likes to read about the boats and view some pictures I really dont think there was much of a difference between the two.

If this site was slow for a bit whatever.. I am sure we all have better things to do from life productivity standpoint.

A good portion of the posts here were simply cut-n-pasted over there anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.