Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Since you got me started, lets shift gears and answer one more question Ive been wondering about. Why dont you let SOS die a slow death...I have been hoping that this happens for months, that is why I have told my friends and many others that have asked me this to not post there, I just on friday had a choice to use one of two insurance carriers, I chose the one that didnt support Serious. and start your own site the same way that site got started? You guys bailed on OSO when there were problems, but when the grass wasnt greener on the other side of the fence, you came back. when we all left oso, there were major problems with the functionality of the site as well as the new owners in many of our own eyes seemed just not to care, so we all left and started serious, it's isnt the fact that the grass wasnt greener, it's just he person in charge was a lying douchebag, the site was put together with the ideas of many people, some worked some didnt, thats ok, but as it grew, one person became more greedy and hungry for power, just like a lil Hitler, it was his way or no way. However all of his was was a house of cards, what person in their right mind would stay? Through the fabricated life storys and lies of boats and lawsuits and Normandy style steel beams etc etc etc, there was no grass just a field of bullsh!t. During that time as people that had left serious wayy before I did, IB/oso, saw that they wanted to get people back and changed the fact that they saw the site was the content the people provided. Server issues went away, so why would I start another site when this one has everything I need, my friends, great photographers, world class racers, people from other countries, industry correspondents and local sections that have opened my eyes and helped me to travel the US and meet like minded people, not LIARS and con men. Not looking to get blasted for this, just curious as to why that didn't happen. Not blasting at all I think that you asked a question that many have though just not put into words, hopefully my answer will suffice
Thank you, a respectable answer!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Thank you for making my point. And a wonderful summation of it too.

You quote me, then instead of saying I agree or I disagree because........ or discussing and/or commenting on anything I said....

You reply with the same robotic answer.

Why even quote me??

Very rarely do I make intellectually based posts. I would much rather crack jokes and be a jackass goofball. I find it a lot more fun. My post was meant as an insight to basic human psychology, a tool for effective communication. You may choose to ignore it on your own decision, fine by me. Last I knew you had a message you wanted to communicate though.

Maybe if I rephrased it, that might help.

Say you are the worlds foremost astronomer. You have just discovered a giant asteroid on a collision course with the earth. You need to warn people. If you run around in circles, flailing your arms and carrying a sign that says 'the sky is falling' while screaming at the top of your lungs... Well you just might miss your target audience.
Ok, you've got some weird issues. I'm not interested in them. Try to keep focused on what these Sunkin threads are all about. Your too far out.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This topic was started when it was discovered that Chris Sunkin was caught attempting to withold donations intended for a childrens hospital.

It escalated and expanded when other misdeeds both subsequent and prior to that event were unveiled including false boat ownership, mishandling of other monies and the disrespectful treatment of those who had volunteered in the venture known as SOS.

The point has been made ad nauseum regarding SOS under Chris Sunkins ownership being bad for our sport.

Nothing more can be said, and the current environment of people bashing is adding nothing to the soup, so at this point until any new revelations regarding SOS being used as a tool by Chris Sunkin to mistreat this sport appear, its time for closure for me.

To those that helped drive the message home...thank you.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

This was just sent to me by a serious member;
Originally Posted by Chris
When the conversations about starting a new site serving the sport of offshore boating began, the first person I reached out to was Dave Stecz. He shared my opinion that a site run by boaters and purely for the love of the sport would be an attractive proposition. From there the conversation expanded to many dozens of active message board participants and ultimately led to the group effort that developed SeriousOffshore. While many people participated in developing the site, Dave was instrumental in developing key relationships throughout the industry. Over the next two years the site met with a very warm welcome.

As I assume many of you know, several of our former moderators made an attempt earlier this year to take individual control of Serious. When we formed the site, I pledged to those volunteers working to build it that it would be here for them and that it would not be sold. Keeping to that, I declined to relinquish control to that group. At this time though, my ongoing involvement here is a distraction. The site needs to return to it's original mission and founding principles. To that end, I am transferring ownership and control to Dave Stecz. Dave has agreed to continue to guide the site based on its original plan- by boaters, for boaters. And just as before, the site will be about the sport, not corporate or commercial interests. The existing moderation team will continue to do the things that they do.

Dave had a busy 2009 with other business interests. With that behind him he's now got the time and motivation to dedicate to guiding Serious in the direction we originally set forth. I wish him and the Mod team the best of luck.

Chris
So I guess all this had nothing to do with you being a lieing scumbag?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
This was just sent to me by a serious member;

So I guess all this had nothing to do with you being a lieing scumbag?
Well that is a positive step. He's finally walking away.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Well that is a positive step. He's finally walking away.
It is just more lies from him, he should walk away. He makes it out like it was the mods fault and he is some sort of industry saviour they were trying to save the site from HIM, he was the embarrassment. I can assure you one person owns that site, grindstone is the company name, you can put whoever you want in front as the spokesman, but its the same people behind the scenes.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

When the conversations about starting a new site serving the sport of offshore boating began, the first person I reached out to was Dave Stecz. He shared my opinion that a site run by boaters and purely for the love of the sport would be an attractive proposition. From there the conversation expanded to many dozens of active message board participants and ultimately led to the group effort that developed SeriousOffshore. While many people participated in developing the site, Dave was instrumental in developing key relationships throughout the industry. Over the next two years the site met with a very warm welcome.

As I assume many of you know, several of our former moderators made an attempt earlier this year to take individual control of Serious. When we formed the site, I pledged to those volunteers working to build it that it would be here for them and that it would not be sold. Keeping to that, I declined to relinquish control to that group. At this time though, my ongoing involvement here is a distraction. The site needs to return to it's original mission and founding principles. To that end, I am transferring ownership and control to Dave Stecz. Dave has agreed to continue to guide the site based on its original plan- by boaters, for boaters. And just as before, the site will be about the sport, not corporate or commercial interests. The existing moderation team will continue to do the things that they do.

Dave had a busy 2009 with other business interests. With that behind him he's now got the time and motivation to dedicate to guiding Serious in the direction we originally set forth. I wish him and the Mod team the best of luck.

Chris
Once a con man, always a con man.

Good riddance.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Chris [end quote/]

I wonder if there are 40 virgins waiting for the martyr???

It didn't have anything to do with me or my actions...it was that evil axis of four that tried to steal the site. At least be enough of a man to admit that you lied about everything on your way out of the room.

Unbelievable

My thoughts are expressed below.
Attached Thumbnails Sunkin Ejection Stories-hurlarama.jpeg  
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

posted on SOS, in the Changes at SOS thread!

"Thanks guys! I hardly ever visit the "other" site as you can tell just by what's said it's either a bunch of wanna be's .... or kids who have no clue.... Serious is just that - SERIOUS boaters .....!!!!

Rock on!!!"

I wonder if he was talking about Chris, Well at least now Chris has more time for his boat projects and resto's
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Quote:

Chris [end quote/]

I wonder if there are 40 virgins waiting for the martyr???

It didn't have anything to do with me or my actions...it was that evil axis of four that tried to steal the site. At least be enough of a man to admit that you lied about everything on your way out of the room.

Unbelievable

My thoughts are expressed below.
Thats not true. Chris called me first. The next call was Dave Stecz. Thats just a fact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.