BEWARE - 39'OuterLimits Stripped Down >

BEWARE - 39'OuterLimits Stripped Down

Notices

BEWARE - 39'OuterLimits Stripped Down

Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BEWARE - 39'OuterLimits Stripped Down

Please Beware of a man named Domenic Torsen from Bloomingdale, IL. He is about 27 - 30 years old. He has stolen around $300,000 worth of parts off of my 39' Outerlimits Quattro.

He took the Mercruiser engines (600SCI's), the SmartCraft, the bravo drives, transoms, Hering Props, batteries, Kenwood Stereo, Amps, and much much more. We basically have a hull with some interior leftover.

I tricked him into answering my call last night by blocking my phone number. I said, "Domenic, where are my engines?" He replied, "You'll never know and I'll never tell." He then went on and threatened to kill me. (I am a woman, all of 110 lbs.) He then hung up on me, so I never got another word in.

I drove up to his house last night, and it just so happened to be trash night in Bloomingdale. This guy had 2 boxes from Hering Props with packing slips on them where he had sent my props in to be refinished. He also had the box that belongs to the stereo from the boat. So I stole these items from his garbage last night for evidence.

He also wrote me many bad checks out of his business account.

Domenic also provided fake insurance information. This is the last guy that needs to be on the water with us. He is uninsured and inexperienced. He has no business with any type of boat, ecspecially one with power.

I am working with the authorities to bring him to justice. If you have any information on Domenic or any information on our parts please contact me (Mary) at 317-223-6566 or [email protected].
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

What is the rest of the story????
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll keep an eye out in my neck of the woods...i'm not that far away. I saw your post on craigslist. I gatta ask how did he get access to all this stuff.......?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Registered

He claimed he was going to buy the boat. Wrote us some bad checks... Would never return phone calls... and would never tell us an address. ..and now here we are!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel bad for you if this is truly the scenario
but...
how in your right mind did you ever let any of this leave your posession without cleared funds?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
how in your right mind did you ever let any of this leave your posession without cleared funds?
I'm wondering the same thing.

What about the cops? Are they making progress? Seems to be a sloppy job and with much evidence. Surely the boxes are evidence.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So you sold him the boat and you financed it for him? Then he took the boat and stripped it and then you took possesion of it back when he was not making payments?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

hmmmmmmm.....

The whole boat isn't worth 300K, the engines can be purchased brand new from BAM for 36K each (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...new-stock.html). You lost more like 100K in parts, maybe less since they were used. If he wouldn't give you an address how did you get into his garbage? BTW taking stuff left out for the trash isn't stealing, it is public property at that point.

Sorry to hear your tale but I strongly suspect this is going to be a civil not criminal matter......
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

There is a lot more to this story
Old 07-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered

The boat is too big to be at this guys house. He has a small ranch home with a 20 foot driveway.

He rented a large section of a commercial warehouse in Wheaton, IL. and this is where the boat was stored. This is the address we had been looking for.

I am not looking to bash this guy, I am only looking to get our stolen property back and to WARN OTHERS TO LOOK OUT!!

We have a very good mutual friend that hooked us up. He told me that Domenic made alot of money as was good for it. He really thought alot of this guy, and we think very highly of him, so we went with it. This mutual friend is also an avid boater. We have a business relationship as well.

A month or so later this mutual friend tells us that he rode on our boat with Domenic . He said that he had to reach over and throw the boat in reverse as Domenic was running the boat. He said Domenic was not paying attention and he did this to avoid a collision with another boat. He of course then had to take the boat to be repaired.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.