Notices

Is this a Scam?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a Scam?

Well I have sold me Boat on E-bay,The buyer is from Germany,I have had some contact from them and it seems the deal is going down,They sent 500 dollar deposit via paypal ,and its in the account now,they have the Wire tranfers info and I am waiting for that now,They say that they are using a shipping co here in the US ,I will not release the boat until the funds are clearly in the bank,The Question I have now is ,What if any scams have you guys heard about this kind of transaction?It throws me alittle that the deposit came so soon,Or is this just a good deal going fine,
Any comments Please.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Ive done the same had no issued from a guy in Stockholm.
-Mike
Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are waiting for funds to clear before releasing, and the deposit was good, what do you have to lose??
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Registered

Just make sure the money is in the bank like can you come get the cash. That there is no holds on the money.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I would transfer that money out of that account and into another account in your bank as soon as the money is in there. They sometimes have a way of going into your account and pulling the money back out. I would set up a seperate account for internet /wire transactions for this purpose. Tom
Old 07-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would wait and ask for a letter from your bank that this will never get dragged back.

I have seen people get funds put in their acct from overseas and had it yanked back out.

Whether you transfer that $$$ to another acct or not your bank will want it back if its a chit transfer.

Who is the shipping company they hired??

Is it a real one??

Are they going to send you too much money and have some of it returned by you or have you give it to the shipping company ??
Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 PM
jfm
Registered

Originally Posted by TomFTM
I would transfer that money out of that account and into another account in your bank as soon as the money is in there. They sometimes have a way of going into your account and pulling the money back out. I would set up a seperate account for internet /wire transactions for this purpose. Tom
X 2.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

sold 3 classics overseas, had the money transferred into an account solely set up for that purpose and waited until the bank would allow me to withdraw the money. All three transactions went very smoothly and never heard from the bank/ buyers again. Also spoke to the bank prior to accepting the funds.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
sold 3 classics overseas, had the money transferred into an account solely set up for that purpose and waited until the bank would allow me to withdraw the money. All three transactions went very smoothly and never heard from the bank/ buyers again. Also spoke to the bank prior to accepting the funds.
+1
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
+1
+2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.