Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts??? >

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Notices

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eyeswide,

Just curious, did you buy the boat or not?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The advertisers rule these forums by the looks of things....
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO.... My wife decided to check with the BBB.... They referred her to the Toledo BBB website. Marine Tech Concepts has a grade of C-. Apparently had a customer complaint with "sales practice issues- Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service ....verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements." You can read the whole spiel for yourself if you go to www.bbb.org and look for the Northwestern Ohio/Southwestern Michigan one. My wife just typed in Marine Tech Concepts, Port Clinton, Ohio and the report comes up. ENOUGH TO CHASE ME AWAY. Am now looking at another boat at Gem Beach Marina. Not in any real hurry.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Registered

FYI.. The BBB is an absolute joke! Its nothing more than a cleverly designed advertising agency. The only thing you need to become a member is a few copies of invoices from work you have done and a check for the membership dues. You automatically start off with an A+ rating and maintain that rating until someone files a dispute against you. A disgrungled ex employee with no credibility can ruin a BBB rating.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by eyeswideopennow
[F][/FONT]

NO.... My wife decided to check with the BBB.... They referred her to the Toledo BBB website. Marine Tech Concepts has a grade of C-. Apparently had a customer complaint with "sales practice issues- Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service ....verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements." You can read the whole spiel for yourself if you go to www.bbb.org and look for the Northwestern Ohio/Southwestern Michigan one. My wife just typed in Marine Tech Concepts, Port Clinton, Ohio and the report comes up. ENOUGH TO CHASE ME AWAY. Am now looking at another boat at Gem Beach Marina. Not in any real hurry.
Eyeswide, I'm not surprised at all to hear this. Good to see you're going a different direction.

Last edited by TCBoss302; 09-28-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: you're not your
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
FYI.. The BBB is an absolute joke! Its nothing more than a cleverly designed advertising agency. The only thing you need to become a member is a few copies of invoices from work you have done and a check for the membership dues. You automatically start off with an A+ rating and maintain that rating until someone files a dispute against you. A disgrungled ex employee with no credibility can ruin a BBB rating.

You left out the part about it being untrue. Those are things that Could happen. If you treat your customers fairly and work to maintain a good reputation, then your rating would remain high.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BattleCry
You left out the part about it being untrue. Those are things that Could happen. If you treat your customers fairly and work to maintain a good reputation, then your rating would remain high.
There is absolutly nothing untrue about what I posted. There is no "good" reporting on businesses with the BBB. You can only file complaints, not praise. If no one complains about you then you retrain a high rating. I'm an accredited BBB member with an A+ rating and the only thing I do is stroke the check every year for the membership dues and get flooded with phone calls for the rest of the year asking for more $$ to be placed in some sort of stupid advertisement or another.

The biggest joke about the BBB is that only individuals can file complaints against businesses. If another company fuks your business out of 10 mil. the BBB doesnt care, you can not file a business to business complaint. My point is that a totally chitty business who does mostly commercial work and very little private work can maintain an A+ rating and an otherwise great company can have its image tainted by some overly picky azzhole of a customer or someone with an agenda posing to be a customer.

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 09-27-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

There is absolutly nothing untrue about what I posted. There is no "good" reporting on businesses with the BBB. You can only file complaints, not praise. If no one complains about you then you retrain a high rating. I'm an accredited BBB member with an A+ rating and the only thing I do is stroke the check every year for the membership dues and get flooded with phone calls for the rest of the year asking for more $$ to be placed in some sort of stupid advertisement or another.

The biggest joke about the BBB is that only individuals can file complaints against businesses. If another company fuks your business out of 10 mil. the BBB doesnt care, you can not file a business to business complaint. My point is that a totally chitty business who does mostly commercial work and very little private work can maintain an A+ rating and an otherwise great company can have its image tainted by some overly picky azzhole of a customer or someone with an agenda posing to be a customer.
Thrill,

Not sure what your connection is to MTC or Jeff Wilson, but this is the second thread in which you have tried to save face for them. You can discredit the BBB all you want, but where there's smoke, there's fire!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

OH Christ! here we go again with the assumptions.

My posts about the BBB dont have anything to do with Jeff Wilson or MTC, I was simply pointing out that the BBB isnt the ironclad authority on bad business practice that many people think it is.

My only connection to Jeff or MTC is that Jeff picked up the lunch tab without being asked, for an entire poker run that I put on a few years back. Thats a pretty deccent gesture if you ask me. If you consider it trying to "save face" then so be it.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Be that as it may Thrill.... there was still apparently a VERY unhappy customer that reported them. I'm with BattleCry... if you treat your customers right then there shouldn't be a problem with the BBB. Now, add that to the fact that the first thread I posted mysteriously disappears when negative information was posted against MTC. Then we hear from a guy that was receiving threatening messages in his inbox from MTC and states that his experience with these people was way worse than BAD. And, NO ONE has posted ANY positive buying experiences with them! DUH??!! What would you think???!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.