Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts??? >

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Notices

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Old 08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Am looking at buying a boat from this company, Marine Tech Concepts, in Port Clinton, OH. ~ Anybody ever bought a boat from them?????
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not buy anything from Jeff Wilson before hearing about my experience with him. If you still want to buy from him, GET A SURVEY DONE, even if it's a brand new boat. Call me (423) 400-2585.

My NEGATIVE experience with Jeff Wilson and Scott Nagy DDS, both liars and will say anything to make a buck. BEWARE!!

I decided after going to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run that I wanted to sell my 29 Rinker and get into a go-fast boat. I looked for a few months and found the boat I wanted. It was owned by a guy named Scott Nagy, a dentist from the Port Clinton/Cleveland area. I made contact with Scott and he came across as a very credible person. He talked about his church (many times) and how he goes to church with the guy that has done the service work on the boat since it was new (that would be the one and only Jeff Wilson). Well, the boat only had 30 hours on it, so as a newbie (to the power boat world) I thought "what could possibly happen or be wrong with a boat with only 30 hours.....probably nothing". Scott told me on more than one occasion that this was a bone stock boat and that I needed to be very aware of other boats that are not stock as they can have many problems (I was considering another boat at the time). So after thinking about it, I did decide to call Scott Nagy's service guy, the one that he goes to church with (if I heard that once, I heard it a 1000 times while doing this deal). Jeff Wilson told me he had serviced the boat since new and it was in show room condition, just like new as I remember. I ask him for specifics about anything and everything that had been done to the boat, and he backed Scott up in telling me it is a 30 hour boat that had nothing but an oil change. Then it was his (Jeffs) turn to tell me about their church and that he has known Scott for a long time and how good of a person he was.

Which brings us to this, little did I know, Scott had bought 1 boat from Jeff and had another one ordered and wanted to get rid of the boat I was buying. So finally after numerous conversations with Scott and the fact that Jeff totally backed up Scott that the boat was perfect and like new with only one oil change, I put down a deposit and headed to Port Clinton to get my virtually new 30 hour boat.

I arrive in Port Clinton and pull up to Jeff's place and there she was, just like I saw in the pics......I was very excited to say the least! Everything was perfect, the only thing that caught my eye was that the props had left and right written on them. I ask Scott about it and he said, well a buddy of mine borrowed a drive off the boat and blew out the upper, so I put a brand new upper on it and that's why the props are marked. Ok, would have been nice to know that before I drove up there, afterall, I had ask Jeff for specifics, right? But since it was new, and I was a newbie that never dealt with a dishonest boat seller (I've bought and sold 10+ boats) I went with it. So we go into Jeff's place and close the deal. Scott tips Jeff's girl (Linda if I recall) that closed the deal and Jeff got $165 (called a loan fee in my contract).

So fast forward a couple of months-- I start getting into a Baja forum and talking powerboat stuff, I was big time now. In doing so, I dig up some old posts of Scotts asking about engine swaps. I was freaked out to say the least. So I called Baja to try and track serial numbers down. Guess what, the motors and drives on my 30 hour, bone stock, showroom new, only one oil change boat has engines and drives from another boat!!! These two guys lied through their teeth about this boat from the beginning and I took it, hook, line and sinker. On top of that, the port drive that was "brand new", blew up after about 5 hours. (can't absolutely say that was their fault because it did last 5 hours).

I immediately took the boat to my mercury dealer and guess what, my new to me 30 hour boat had 80+ hours on the motors and I assume drives as well. There was nothing stock about this boat!So there you go Crayola, they took advantage of a newbie that had 0 posts on OSO and didn't know enough to not trust anyone selling a power boat, even if it supposedly only has 30hours. You can say it was sold "as is" if you want and that I got what I deserved, but I think people need to know what Jeff and Scott for that matter (I'm sure he'll be selling another boat at some point) are capable of.

Even after loosing several thousand dollars with higher hours and blown drive, I never intended to post this because of embarrassment in trusting these guys and not knowing a boat buying 101 point, get a survey no matter what, even if it's only got 30 hours. The reason I did post it now, is that I found out I'm not the only one that has had this type of dealing with them.

Finally Crayola, if you think it's OK for a seller and his service guy to lie through their teeth and then hide behind a contract, I think you may have some bad karma coming your way as well. If you truly know the facts on the boat that MTC sold to the elderly man that has a very critical illness and still back MTC, you're a sick puppy. I'm hopeful that the gentleman will recover to a point where he can post his details.

Last edited by TCBoss302; 01-05-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

which one you looking at,,,???
Old 08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

26' Sea Ray, '04 240DA with 400 hrs. on it.....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Eyeswide,

FYI-- The message below in red was in my "OSO in box" this morning." Hopefully, this will give you an idea of what kind of people you would be dealing with. The story I told you yesterday was the absolute truth and if you have any doubts, ask Jeff or Scott.

I am going to remind you again that my attorney is monitoring your threads on the site. If need be, we will be contacting eyeswideopennow and get the specific detail on your conversation. You need to be very careful. I am fully prepared to pursue civil charges for defamation if this continues.

This is not Jeff Wison responding to you; this is the owner of the company.

Your cooperation is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

TC BOSS,everyone is entitled to a opinion,that does not constitute def of charecter.a responce like the one you recieved makes me wonder,is he hiding something.i suggest you do some research before bying the boat.always get a surevy done,it cost little compared to byihg without one,then finding that you baught a problem child.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered

Default Wow!!!!

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Eyeswide,

FYI-- The message below in red was in my "OSO in box" this morning." Hopefully, this will give you an idea of what kind of people you would be dealing with. The story I told you yesterday was the absolute truth and if you have any doubts, ask Jeff or Scott.

I am going to remind you again that my attorney is monitoring your threads on the site. If need be, we will be contacting eyeswideopennow and get the specific detail on your conversation. You need to be very careful. I am fully prepared to pursue civil charges for defamation if this continues.

This is not Jeff Wison responding to you; this is the owner of the company.

Your cooperation is appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

WHAT IN THE "H" IS THIS ALL ABOUT???!!!! JUST PLAIN SCARY!!! WHERE DID THIS COME FROM??????
BTW.... Thanks for the conversation TCBoss
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

So the owner of Marine Tech Concepts, in Port Clinton, OH and Jeff Wilson are both dirtbags?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
TC BOSS,everyone is entitled to a opinion,that does not constitute def of charecter.a responce like the one you recieved makes me wonder,is he hiding something.i suggest you do some research before bying the boat.always get a surevy done,it cost little compared to byihg without one,then finding that you baught a problem child.
Bingo, we have a winner!! Ever see someone get this defensive unless they had something to hide??
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM
MTC
Registered

Default Buying a Boat from Marine Tech

There is nothing to hide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.