Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Miami Beach Marina theft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/236878-miami-beach-marina-theft.html)

firehawkcat 08-15-2010 05:50 PM

Cigboat1 might be on to something, fit him with a new pair of shoes

Seebeagle 08-15-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by firehawkcat (Post 3183001)
Cigboat1 might be on to something, fit him with a new pair of shoes

A WHOLE BODY CAST

HTRDLNCN 08-15-2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by jwurl (Post 3182631)
That car is pretty rare in that color. Should be pretty easy to find.. .. Jeff

Thats cause they never made one.
If it was white it was either repainted or it isnt a GTO (Holden Monaro)

TEAMBAJA 08-16-2010 10:46 AM

If it was light silver it could appear white in a black & white video. I looked at the color chart and the silver they used is very light. Hope they catch him!

spk1 08-26-2010 02:49 AM

I got the video, the car looks like a white pontiac g6 coupe to me, but it doesnt come out real clear, I couldnt read liscense plate, even though I get a great view of the car leaving the marina parking lot and turning left towards 95. I have geico and with the state of the economy I decided a few months ago to get a comprehensive policy with a higher 1k deductible, one of the smarter financial moves I have made, 4k worth of damage to the truck, all fixed like brand new for 1k deductible, If you guys have nice stereos, rims or vehicles, I would say go home think real hard about what you have and the areas you travel, and consider upgrading, even if you just upgrade liability insurance policy with a comprehensive and no collision, it could make getting robbed less painful.
I gave up on tracking the guy down, because Im pretty sure if I see him, I will spend more time in jail for what I would do, than he would for robbing me. I spent a few nights in the parking lot, trying to catch the guy, and got a real bad feeling about the safety of any vehicle left in that lot, they use it as an employee lot for the restaurant staff and bus boys, and in my opinion its just not secure for any decent car.

boatme 08-26-2010 05:14 AM

Post the video we would all like to see this clown

jeff1000man 08-27-2010 04:17 PM

yeah, post the video:coolcowboy:

spk1 08-27-2010 05:06 PM

The video came from the security camera and system at the miami beach marina, I had to down load a special program just to get it to play on my computer, I have not been able to either email the video, or download it to youtube

tomtbone1993 08-27-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 3193320)
The video came from the security camera and system at the miami beach marina, I had to down load a special program just to get it to play on my computer, I have not been able to either email the video, or download it to youtube

google the program the video file is on and also include the phrase "how to upload to youtube"....i want to see the guy who stole your chit.....

bigandy 08-27-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 3182550)
Went to spend the weekend on the boat, and my car got broken into, the POS, ripped the entire dash all the way across apart just to steal the fu(kin stereo!! Popped the lock on the passenger side, tore the crap out of the dash aand interior, and walked a way with a used peice of equipment probably worth less than $500 in the stolen market, he did about 3-4k worth of damage, There is light at the end of the tunnel though, I have a few friends there, that got me a video of him, White late model pontiac GTO, and a good sized black guy is the culpret, He has hit the marina parking several times lately, this is the first they have of him on video, Im going hunting, any help is always appreciated, dont know too many big black guys that drive that car, If your going boating or heading to Montys for the night, Valet,,Valet,Valet!! At least untill I catch this pos, More to come for sure on this one! :coolcowboy:

you know if you keep pulling the same insurance job geico is eventually gonna catch on.... :)