Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Jeff Jassby Vs Leverage Polish LLC, Donnie And Natasha Fulmer >

Jeff Jassby Vs Leverage Polish LLC, Donnie And Natasha Fulmer

Notices

Jeff Jassby Vs Leverage Polish LLC, Donnie And Natasha Fulmer

Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ARK. attorney has told me not to disclose litigation information, so I'm out.

BTW, SMJ (Summary) is not appropriate when facts are at issue.

Last edited by marineclean; 11-26-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered

Donnie, we have some mutual freinds and I have never heard anything bad said about you.

I hope you can work this out. I remember when you posted on every single boating forum alive how pleased you were Jeff was a part of the company. This was not that long ago.

Last edited by Donziweasel; 11-23-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marineclean
Just real quick DW.
I did reply and it's posted.
Do I just write off everything JJ Received? Undercutting is only a small portion. Where do you think his inventory came from? The Leverage tree planted in the front yard.

My ARK. attorney has told me not to disclose litigation information, so I'm out.

BTW, SMJ (Summary) is not appropriate when facts are at issue.
Are you trying to say that he never paid Leverage for his inventory and therefore you are not paying his note. If that is the case it would seem reasonable to take a credit against the note for the unpaid inventory.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

One of the hardest things I learned in business is to not chase bad money with good money. Unfortunately looks like your contract will cause you to lose even more money on legal fees than you could have just eaten it and been less far behind
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
One of the hardest things I learned in business is to not chase bad money with good money. Unfortunately looks like your contract will cause you to lose even more money on legal fees than you could have just eaten it and been less far behind
theres these things called ETHICS & PRINCIPAL ...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
sounds good to me. thanks Brett
Breach of prom notes is rarely won on collateral issues. I suspect that there are really no "facts in dispute" on the core issue, the debt.

As I always say.... "the only people that win in litigation are the lawyers"....
Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw

As I always say.... "the only people that win in litigation are the lawyers"....
DIN DING DING.....we have a winner
Old 11-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

This would be an excellent thread for Chris Sunkin to chime in on with his infinite knowledge of the legal system and throw out the "treble damages" term...... Then Stecz would have to rant about how the tough guys from Jersey would handle it....

On a more serious note, Jeff was any of the 30K repaid? I thought it looked like a 6 month balloon payment loan, did any payments get made?

Who would have thought a guy from Arkansas would pull one over from a Mississippi guy!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Breach of prom notes is rarely won on collateral issues. I suspect that there are really no "facts in dispute" on the core issue, the debt.

Now here is a guy i would listen to popbably the only EXPERT here on this thread

Brett Good to see you still around I still owe you a beer or 30 Hope all is good in your world
Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Registered

But a good defense will bring out the other verbal agreements and possible other "consideration" of value received by the plaintiff. If the defendant supplied $30k worth of product or other goods/services, the judge can consider that in netting out damages.

At the end of the day, if you didn't get your loan paid back, but you received other consideration, a judge will probably only award net damages. And it'll get even more complicated once defendant counterclaims for failure to perform on other agreements between the parties.

Just how much is a judgment against an LLC worth these days...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.